• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

There is definitely a political aspect to this. It's a brave decision. Either they think more people will support the move than will boycott Ben & Jerry's over it (Doubt that as America is very pro Israel) or they genuinely feel the issue is important enough to risk their brand.

Posted the comment because its the bit that drives me mad.

In what is groundhog day number 4837 in regards to Brexit, apparently we need to renegotiate the NI protocol again...blah blah. Usual crap that was entirely forseeable.

Bored now with what will it take to make people accept they were lied to and misled. More than enough evidence of what a **** show this has been by the British Government.

My question, at what point will the E.U say "enough is enough. We're fed up with your shitty games. Either abide by the deal or trigger article 16."? In my view Britain is going to keep up with these shitty tactics to undermine the agreement until they get their cake and eat it. If the E.U honestly think they can end this with a deal that works and Britain won't complain about then they are deluding themselves. I reckon they need to stick to their deadlines and force Britain to either shut up or end the agreement.

Also best comment was easily this:
Breaking: Oven ready deal turns out to be raw in the middle & is making many sick.

Chef maintains it's fine whilst also claiming its inedible.

Another **** up in a government scheme. Is anyone actually surprised that this is happening? Even if these people weren't criminals in any kind of way, it was still a form of temporary incarceration with the guards having a lot of power. Would be very easy to say that someone tried to breach the quarantine and get them in further trouble. Abuses in prison have been well documented, so it was obviously likely to happen here.

Just as with separating passengers from red lists countries in airports, why was this not in place from the start?

This annoyed me:

https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=sYjaOvrcafw (remove the space in the middle)

How can anyone still try and say that the British Government has a point. Yes the situation is a **** up, but it is a mess purely of the Conservatives own making and any kind of attempt to shirk responsibility is pathetic. Honestly, the line, "To be fair to Lord Frost, he has a point" is pathetic. He negotiated the deal, he was warned of the consequences and endorsed it anyway. The man is an embarrassment to this country.

They have decided to prioritise tracking down and convicting the whistleblower so that people think twice about blowing the whistle on Government (Tory) ministers in future.
Yep, what we've learned this week is that when an MP lies to parliament, there are no repercussions.
When an MP tells the truth to parliament (and proves the truth) they get ejected from the building.

Oh, and it's now illegal to save someone's life at sea.
Whistleblowing is a now more severe crime than... pretty much any crime that needs to be whistleblown
And journalists who publish leaked material can be charged with espionage.
Not to mention that we've been stripped of our right to peaceful protest.

But heaven forbid anyone thinks we're sliding into fascism. And yes, I know the situation with Dawn Butler is a long standing problem - it's just never been a problem before. Labour really need to stand behind her and have an avalanche of MPs asking exactly the same question; and Starmer needs to file a motion to discuss lying in parliament.

Last edited:

Latest posts