• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Yep, what we've learned this week is that when an MP lies to parliament, there are no repercussions.
When an MP tells the truth to parliament (and proves the truth) they get ejected from the building.

Oh, and it's now illegal to save someone's life at sea.
Whistleblowing is a now more severe crime than... pretty much any crime that needs to be whistleblown
And journalists who publish leaked material can be charged with espionage.
Not to mention that we've been stripped of our right to peaceful protest.

But heaven forbid anyone thinks we're sliding into fascism. And yes, I know the situation with Dawn Butler is a long standing problem - it's just never been a problem before. Labour really need to stand behind her and have an avalanche of MPs asking exactly the same question; and Starmer needs to file a motion to discuss lying in parliament.
I still love the line, "no rules were broken".

Clearly the rules are either not good enough or don't exist. This government loves to focus on what is technically correct and ignore was is morally incorrect.

This government has been taking steps to consolidate power and remove checks that ensure they are not corrupt. Another one is that the stripped the electoral watchdog of powers to prosecute parties that break the rules during an election.

Interesting. I always felt one of the positives about the Queen was that while she obviously led a different life to ordinary people, she didn't seem to abuse her status. That is obviously wrong and it seems her position is being used to get favourable changes. That could actually upset a lot of supporters with the one rule for us, one rule for them.

The government really is an absolute shower... "Look at us promising 20,000 new police! Let's just ignore the fact that we got rid of more than that originally! Also no pay rises and they love us! Ignore them actually saying they don't. What do the police know about what the police think?"

Sums up how this lot operate. Create a fuckup, either blame it on someone else or deny it exists, propose a "fix" to said fuckup, demand praise, **** it up again and repeat.

Leak from no.10 to get back at Cummings?
Wouldn't surprise me. However if this is your government and your appointments, doesn't that also reflect on you. If anything this supports the narrative that there was favouritism when awarding contracts during the pandemic. We've already got evidence of Gove and Hancock.

However, maybe I'm giving too much credit to the public and they'll accept Cummings as a scape goat and ignore those still in power.

Quite a good article in ST today. About parents who are conspiracy theories including one of the Parkland student's parents, one of whom now believes the shooting was a hoax.

Carrie and Boris Johnson are expecting a second child, months after a miscarriage that left her "heartbroken".

The prime minister's wife, 33, announced the news on Instagram, saying she was hoping for a "rainbow baby" this Christmas.

She wrote that, while she felt "blessed to be pregnant again", she had also "felt like a bag of nerves".
This is Boris Johnson's 7th child by my count

So Jim Jordan actually wanted to be on the committee to investigate the Jan 6 riots. :rolleyes:

Latest posts