• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Crazy what has happened in NYC. Can't be coincidence what with the floods in Europe, China. Something we just got to get used to? And only going to get worse.

What with the ever growing world population how to reduce the carbon footprint and sustain it? Starting with China, USA and India, Russia who produce 55% of the world's Carbon emissions. Good luck with that.

Yes, that flooding in NYC was crazy. It was even worse in New Jersey and Maryland. And then there's the wildfires in California, Nevada and Oregon that continue their rampage.

Last edited:
Feel free to offer a differing opinion?
Or just continue to name call
Isn't that every post they've made in this thread? Comes in swinging once every few months, calls a few names doesn't actually say anything of substance.

Isn't that every post they've made in this thread? Comes in swinging once every few months, calls a few names doesn't actually say anything of substance.
I'm sure there's been the odd complaint that they get hounded out when invited to contribute something.

Granted, they may feel shouted down when 1-2 voices against a dozen or so; but I've not seen any insults thrown, or active unwelcomeness shown to the occasional right wing poster here.
Pretty sure the mods wouldn't stand for it if there was.

ETA: Actually, I think I'm thinking of a different poster there

Last edited:
I'm sure there's been the odd complaint that they get hounded out when invited to contribute something.

Granted, they may feel shouted down when 1-2 voices against a dozen or so; but I've not seen any insults thrown, or active unwelcomeness shown to the occasional right wing poster here.
Pretty sure the mods wouldn't stand for it if there was.
I think I can cop to throwing insults now and then but usually as part of a heated exchange or someone has said something actually objectional. But yeah most of it is just being ratio'd which is no different to match threads.

I find it odd thought because I don't think this thread is that left wing, regular contributors are a business owner and someone who works on limiting peoples tax liability for a living. I know for a fact with some of lefty people I know and follow that I'm not particularly that left wing either. It certainly not right wing at all but its hardly a Marxist rallying cry.

I think I can cop to throwing insults now and then but usually as part of a heated exchange or someone has said something actually objectional. But yeah most of it is just being ratio'd which is no different to match threads.

I find it odd thought because I don't think this thread is that left wing, regular contributors are a business owner and someone who works on limiting peoples tax liability for a living. I know for a fact with some of lefty people I know and follow that I'm not particularly that left wing either. It certainly not right wing at all but its hardly a Marxist rallying cry.
Nobody ever really does when in a place where their views are the norm to be fair, it's only on the other side when you notice it (eg. my twitter and here may as well be on different planets).

It would be interesting to do a poll of which way voting has gone for the regular posters on here (I assume it would be nowhere near the makeup of the country as a whole)

Nobody ever really does when in a place where their views are the norm to be fair, it's only on the other side when you notice it (eg. my twitter and here may as well be on different planets).

It would be interesting to do a poll of which way voting has gone for the regular posters on here (I assume it would be nowhere near the makeup of the country as a whole)
Oh I suspect its heavily skewed Lab/LD/Green but that's not a real reflective on views especially Lab which covers a wide range of left wing views.

That was less my point though not that this was a fair representation of views, apart from yourself there are next to no right wing contributors. It was was if you were were to put it on a political compass it would be right of Corbyn (although defintely some Corbynites in here). Its left of center more than left but that predominant viewpoints.

This all said I know I've gotten more left wing as I've gotten older.

It also doesn't help we heave a heavily broken political system in the UK with a populist/nationalist Conservative party and Labour party trying to tear itself apart but both want custody rights over the remains.

Always makes me laugh how much of a lefty echo chamber these threads are. Literally just full of whinging liberals angry at the world.

I mean if you want to offer a reasonable defence for repeatedly lying, backtracking on commitments, corruption and reneging on treaties then go ahead... These aren't matters of political opinion but matters of integrity. If you will give "your guy" carte blanche to do whatever he wants then you are in no position to really make out it's others who are the partisans.

Let's just state a simple fact here, none of the resident right wing posters have condemned Johnson for anything. That then begs the question, do you genuinely believe he has done nothing wrong at all as PM and has actually done a good job or do you think he has done something wrong but don't want to admit it? The Tories have been in power for just over a decade, at some point people have to recognise that the problems we face are theirs, not somebody else's. Next question, how many things can you name that are going wrong in the UK that you think are the fault of the Tories?

Last edited:
I mean if you want to offer a reasonable defence for repeatedly lying, backtracking on commitments, corruption and reneging on treaties then go ahead... These aren't matters of political opinion but matters of integrity. If you will give "your guy" carte blanche to do whatever he wants then you are in no position to really make out it's others who are the partisans.

Let's just state a simple fact here, none of the resident right wing posters have condemned Johnson for anything. That then begs the question, do you genuinely believe he has done nothing wrong at all as PM and has actually done a good job or do you think he has done something wrong but don't want to admit it? The Tories have been in power for just over a decade, at some point people have to recognise that the problems we face are theirs, not somebody else's. Next question, how many things can you name that are going wrong in the UK that you think are the fault of the Tories?
Since "resident right wing posters" are 90% me I'll go ahead and say I'm vigorously opposed to the current course of action on NI.

No need to raise it at all, it's just kicking the can down the road because noone wants to do the difficult thing and completely reform the NHS. Its not the money that's the issue, it's the structure of the entire institution.

Since "resident right wing posters" are 90% me I'll go ahead and say I'm vigorously opposed to the current course of action on NI.

No need to raise it at all, it's just kicking the can down the road because noone wants to do the difficult thing and completely reform the NHS. Its not the money that's the issue, it's the structure of the entire institution.
Well you and 2 or 3 others.

How do you feel it should be reformed? This is not an attempt to do a gotcha btw, genuine question.

Well you and 2 or 3 others.

How do you feel it should be reformed? This is not an attempt to do a gotcha btw, genuine question.
German style system makes the most sense to me.

I wouldn't have a huge issue if it cost marginally more if it was actually better but I'd be surprised if there was any amount of money you could throw at the NHS to make it actually gold standard.

Speaking to one NHS Dr in A and E who is a client, remember her telling me what a bottomless pit the NHS is. No matter how much money you throw at it it will never be enough.

Looking at the comments my mind is always blown at the lenghts people go to, too defend a billion dollar corp.
The people who act smug calling others stupid since it they are taxed on profit not Sales, YET Amazon have not released any profit figures

The same people who say it's perfectly legal and that it's the way taxes and ask if you would pay more tax if you didn't need to are prob the same people who cry about people having kids for more benefits money.

Looking at the comments my mind is always blown at the lenghts people go to, too defend a billion dollar corp.
The people who act smug calling others stupid since it they are taxed on profit not Sales, YET Amazon have not released any profit figures

The same people who say it's perfectly legal and that it's the way taxes and ask if you would pay more tax if you didn't need to are prob the same people who cry about people having kids for more benefits money.
You are also forgetting that Amazon pay their staff so badly that the ones with families can claim tax credits and other benefits. So when you see your Post and Packaging is free, what it means is you have already paid for it through your taxes..

Apart from the obvious disregard for human life and lake of empathy for refugees this country has I found this article interesting for 2 main reasons.

First we literally just had Raab talk about how much Britain does for refugees and that Europe needs to take their fair share of Afghan refugees. (Hypocrisy beggars belief here). Yet now we are actually going to send boats back and risk people's lives.

Second was this part.

"The government has authorised Border Force officials to use the new tactic - but only in limited circumstances.
However France is strongly against the plan, saying it breaks maritime law and accusing the UK of blackmail.
But Boris Johnson's spokesman said any plans would be "safe and legal" and would comply with the law."

This is where Brexit actually start to negatively impact our credibility. We have ministers on public record saying that we would break the rules in a limited and specific way over Northern Ireland. So when France says it's illegal and Johnson says it is legal and only in specific circumstances, who are you going to believe? The country who has openly admitted they would break international law in a specific way and has also already broken the deal it signed or a country that hasn't broken international law.