• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Last edited:

No idea where I'm at on this front, just crossing fingers I guess.

No idea where I'm at on this front, just crossing fingers I guess.
Just joined BG instead.

Just joined BG instead.
The issue there is BG just quoted me at £37 a month more (although fixed as opposed to variable rate). Its one of those do I keep carrying the risk sort of thing and will energy increase by more than 50% (or will my supplier just go bust screwing me more).

The issue there is BG just quoted me at £37 a month more (although fixed as opposed to variable rate). Its one of those do I keep carrying the risk sort of thing and will energy increase by more than 50% (or will my supplier just go bust screwing me more).
That sucks. My house mate sorted it out, so will ask her later. But yeh looks like we'll all be asked to shell out more this winter. That or as Groundhog says stick your hands in your pockets. Update: Fixed til November 2023.

None at all. They also don't have water, only poitin and soda farls
I didn't get your joke about water tbh.
For those foreigners who, like me, haven't been to Ireland: I've read a couple of articles about life in Ireland and,yes,they don't have a central heating there (or,at least, what we in Russia understand under it). Although,winters in Ireland are warm : from +3C to +5C usually,so shouldn't be very cold inside

Ireland is a interesting place you have Dublin which is a first class modern city
and then you have limerick who drive around town like this
0_THP_CHP_200918SLUG_1470JPG.jpg

Ireland is a interesting place you have Dublin which is a first class modern city
and then you have limerick who drive around town like this
0_THP_CHP_200918SLUG_1470JPG.jpg
There was a young man from Limerick
Whose fly would usually stick
He yanked on the fly
but things went awry
and he took half an inch off his dick

For those foreigners who, like me, haven't been to Ireland: I've read a couple of articles about life in Ireland and,yes,they don't have a central heating there (or,at least, what we in Russia understand under it).
Edit: from an "Eastern European point of view", there's no central heating in the UK either. Because we mean different things under a "central heating".
From Russian and Ukrainian sites (translated):
There is no real central heating in the UK, although the British often refer to electric hot water and heating boilers as central heating.
And what do we call a "central heating" (from a foreign article):
In Russia, central heating means something different than in the West: Here, homes, stores and offices do not have their own furnaces. Instead, people in Moscow are warmed by immense government heating plants that pump steam to radiators in every apartment, workplace and school. Individual thermostats are virtually nonexistent. The government turns on the heat at the end of October and keeps it on until early May.

@Not Mike Brown's Sock now I understand why you were laughing at me. 3 x Hahaha.

The Biden Haiti thing is interesting to watch.
Highlights what sort of position the Dems are in, in terms of voters.

Biden using the very same laws/loopholes Trump used to deport even more people latest figures at
440,000+ deported under Trump
690,000+ deported under Biden

It's very interesting (from an outside POV) given how much the Dems made of Trumps deportation methods etc.

Like you would think these photos was from the trump admin.

You also have this Biden press thing with the US Media sending a complaint that the White house refused US media questions but took British questions, the white house replied that they didn't know Boris was going to take questions after their meeting. Now I'm not a fan of Boris at all but I thought it was pretty common practice to take media questions after a publically known meeting so don't get why Biden didn't with the American Press.

Like you would think these photos was from the trump admin.
Honestly the photos don't even look real to me - they look like they're from an alternative-future movie where slavery was never abolished
Bunch of white guys on horseback whipping and lassoing black people trying to escape from poverty

Biden really showing his whole ass on this - the theme of the last election was always vote for Biden for a return to normality! But a lot of people didn't realise a lot of things Trump was doing were also done by Democratic presidents, too, they just didn't brag about it in the press so it went under the radar

Is anyone surprised? If Britain's can horde toilet paper, they certainly aren't going to let petrol stay in the pumps.

I would be curious if other countries have had a rush to buy petrol. For me it really highlights that in this country at least far too many people are just worried about themselves and don't even stop to consider the bigger picture. This will put even more pressure on a system that is already under strain and just like hording toilet paper, is actually more likely to make a fuel crisis happen. However, unlike toilet paper, fuel is actually needed for more critical aspects of society, such a ambulance's and fire engines. I wonder how many genuinely need to fill up and if they've considered all the potential ramifications of they actions.

Is anyone surprised? If Britain's can horde toilet paper, they certainly aren't going to let petrol stay in the pumps.

I would be curious if other countries have had a rush to buy petrol. For me it really highlights that in this country at least far too many people are just worried about themselves and don't even stop to consider the bigger picture. This will put even more pressure on a system that is already under strain and just like hording toilet paper, is actually more likely to make a fuel crisis happen. However, unlike toilet paper, fuel is actually needed for more critical aspects of society, such a ambulance's and fire engines. I wonder how many genuinely need to fill up and if they've considered all the potential ramifications of they actions.
Oh this will be fun....

Not only do we have the 'how do I get to work issues' my wife could experience but we are due to go out tomorrow but more critically we are seeing a group of friends next weekend for the first time since just before the pandemic. Which is a 140 mile round trip. Now obviously not critical in the slightest it will be a real fucker if I can't fill up the car enough (others are travelling further).

Who's making sure their petrol tank is full in the UK today?

Filled up last night on the way home from work, only 4 of 12 pumps were open - presumed they were getting maintenance or something but this makes more sense

Glad I got in when I did, if this is the case, was going to wait until Sunday but called in on a whim

Latest posts