• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Funny how Germany and Poland are experiencing even worse fuel shortages than here. Guess Brexit is to blame for that too.

I got ******* drenched this morning walking the dog as it was raining… ******* Brexit.

Sounds like you went outside without an umbrella.

Did you not check the weather report, or are you still of the Brexiteer view that 'we have had enough of experts'?

Well off the top of my head, our vaccine rollout for one…

Unbelievable how it's 5 and a half years since the referendum and there are still remoaners in tears about it. :D

Strange then that Germany and France have given out more jabs than the UK, and Spain, Denmark, Ireland, Belgium and Italy have jabbed a higher percentage of their population that the UK...

Well off the top of my head, our vaccine rollout for one…

Unbelievable how it's 5 and a half years since the referendum and there are still remoaners in tears about it. :D
How was the vaccine rollout benefitted by Brexit?
  • Approval of the vaccine was still governed by EU rules.
  • No EU member country was required to join in the join procurement program, in fact at various stages they didn't have one (surprisingly reading up its all rather complicated).
Strange then that Germany and France have given out more jabs than the UK, and Spain, Denmark, Ireland, Belgium and Italy have jabbed a higher percentage of their population that the UK...
And this,

So what the benefit, amazing how 5 and half year after the referendum and no Brexiter can actually list a real benefit when actually scrutinised.

Just got to Kendal and there are no queues to get fuel at Sainsbury's. Looks like the more North you go the less of an issue it is

I thought that diesel pumps didn't fit into petrol?

I had diesel cars for about a decade - only recently switched back to petrol and I'm still incredibly paranoid every time I fill up, double/triple checking I've picked up the right pump

Seriously, how? I've done it once ever shortly after I changed the car form diesel to petrol and realised 5 seconds after starting to fill. How did 5x as many people than normal make that mistake? Did they just assume any fuel would do?

I think that Panicking makes people make silly mistakes they wouldn't do under normal circumstances. Especially if they want to get filled up and out of the petrol station ASAP.

Sounds like you went outside without an umbrella.

Did you not check the weather report, or are you still of the Brexiteer view that 'we have had enough of experts'?

Yeah they have now. However when it mattered most back in the winter and the spring the UK were absolutely miles ahead as far as I can remember. In fact we were so far ahead it was embarrassing for the EU, or are you going to deny that?

Yeah they have now. However when it mattered most back in the winter and the spring the UK were absolutely miles ahead as far as I can remember. In fact we were so far ahead it was embarrassing for the EU, or are you going to deny that?
Nope but ultimately had sweet FA to do with Brexit assisting with our ability to roll out that quickly which was your original point.

I thought that diesel pumps didn't fit into petrol?

I had diesel cars for about a decade - only recently switched back to petrol and I'm still incredibly paranoid every time I fill up, double/triple checking I've picked up the right pump
Might of been the other way around, it might of been the Focus is a moment of absent mindedness but I thought I was auto pilot and up until we got the Mini I'd never owned a petrol car.

Regardless of whether Brexit positively influenced the vaccine the UK still only has lower covid death rate per 100,000 than 8 EU countries. Italy, who were the worst hit by the initial outbreak are one of those and apart from Belgium bthe rest are considerably poorer Eastern European countries.

The UK's restrictions were undoubtedly at times going in the face of EU trends, probably on purpose too, but again let's disregard that.

Another benefit of an early rollout would be a boosted economy against closed off countries. We haven't been that in Europe either.

So really all I'm seeing as a positive from the early rollout is a few months in pubs and clubs.

So maybe a tiny bit embarrassing for the EU, I'd personally say frustrating, but at the same time I spent the last few days doing this:

200 (3).gif

I think its fair to say the Lab conference has been a ******* shambles

They were suppose to "focus on the nation" after sorting out the anti-semitism, voting rules for leader and ousting standing MP's.

So now they need to have a crisis over policy about the minimum wage (I'm not against it increasing but to have a fight over it is a joke, the sort of thing that should be a 'surpise' manifesto pledge rather than a general policy).

And the Corbyn zombie army is only interested in trying to undermine it's own leadership.
Stuff like that makes me laugh considering it was proven that the right of the party actively worked against Corbyn in the general election - now they want the left to kiss their feet?

Labour is a shambles but to put it all at Corbyn's feet is very misguided - whole thing is rotten to the core

Stuff like that makes me laugh considering it was proven that the right of the party actively worked against Corbyn in the general election - now they want the left to kiss their feet?

Labour is a shambles but to put it all at Corbyn's feet is very misguided - whole thing is rotten to the core
Some of the right of the party the extent of which isn't really known because only part of the report got leaked and for some reason the person in charge hasn't release the full thing (I can't find the guys name). It should go without saying anyone found to be actively working against their own party should be kicked out.

Should be noted Dunt is just a political commentator has no real affiliation other than being pro-EU and a liberal and just wants the Tories out he doesn't particularly care for any of the in fighting hence why its thread its an attack on both both Starmer and rabid Corbynites.

And whilst I don't expect them to kiss thier feet the extent to which they won't let go and causing issues just means the Tories will stay in power because all I ever see is ******* Labour in fighting.

We need someone to beat the Tories and Labour aren't interested in that fight at all right now.

Latest posts