• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Depends on the context.
If they're floating ideas so that options are discussed - then fine.
If it's a suggestion and recommendation - then the man's an idiot.

Well finally got a response form my MP about Johnson and the rule breaking. About 2 lines talking about how he wasn't up to standard and then 20 or so of usual political bullshit talking about how he has said "sorry" or talking about "getting on with the job".

Got my answer to the question of who he represents, his constituents or the lying pig in a wig we call a PM.

Pretty funny this is the line where the government is worried about impact to household finances.
This is it. This is how Governments allow the nation to get fat and die earlier through eating too much saturated fat or ignoring increasing type 2 diabetes consequences and the burdens on the NHS.

All in the name junk food manufacturers commercial interests and tax revenues they generate. But trying to justify the delay in the whole concern for impact on household finances. 🤌

Pretty sure junk food costs more than 30p a day, but then obviously I wasn't taught to budget correctly. Save me Lee Anderson!

Apparently guns make society safer ..
Can see the argument already. The best thing to counter a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. If everyone in that store had guns, he would have been shot before he could have caused that much harm, therefore moar gunz.

Can see the argument already. The best thing to counter a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. If everyone in that store had guns, he would have been shot before he could have caused that much harm, therefore moar gunz.
People are saying that but ignoring that there was an armed security guard who got a shot off at him...but he was wearing body armour, which the bullet didn't pierce, so he just killed the guard as well

Whole thing is so ****** up, kid had some 100 page manifesto spouting the same topics that tucker Carlson regularly spews on his fox show
In the livestream he points his gun at a white cashier and then apologises to him before going off and shooting more people

Thing is I can understand when people say guns aren't the issue. This guy could have picked up a knife and tried to stab people in the store for example. The guns aren't responsible for his racist and white supremacist views.

However, guns do enable him to kill more people in the way he did as well and enable more gun crime and suicides by guns. America has too many guns and too little regulation. Not everyone needs a gun, they should be limited to people with a genuine need, like those who may encounter wild animals. There is absolutely no reason to have a gun in the city other than other people have guns.

Issue is America is so ****** up right now and is basically in a cold civil war. There is simply no meaningful dialogue happening between people with opposing views.

Anyone know why the government is trying to start a culture war over working from home? I like the 3/2 split we've moved to and I find beneficial stuff from doing both. Its not like productivity or anything goes down from observed changes over the past 2 years by most accounts. It just feels really odd.

Anyone know why the government is trying to start a culture war over working from home? I like the 3/2 split we've moved to and I find beneficial stuff from doing both. Its not like productivity or anything goes down from observed changes over the past 2 years by most accounts. It just feels really odd.

Probably the same mindset as behind banging the trans drum and blaming everything on civil servants and folk who look and sound different. Their focus groups probably show it plays well with those of below average earnings who don't have jobs where home working is an option. "If I cant have it then nobody can" is one of the main strands of hate and division to tap into.

They are probably also bricking it about the economy given huge Covid debts, the global situation and possible consequences for breaking international law. If people live frugally and sensibly with more time at home then that may not be the best of economic drivers for shareholders' dividends.

Another reason for folk to move to Scotland. Fill your boots with home working!

A] Government is led by a lazy arsehole who can barely bother to work in an office with someone standing over him - that sort of person generally assumes that everyone is like him really. (You just know he never started an essay more than 24 hours before its due date - you also just know that he was a casual bully at school).
B] The loudest voice in cabinet is a victorian throwback who refuses to use a computer, and is simply unaware that working from home is actually viable in the modern world. (You just know that he was initially a victim of bullying at school, who then when completely mental and scared all the casual bullies, and learned manipulate them at school).
C] Most tory MPs (and many voters, and think-tankers) are landlords, especially of commercial property, and they like being paid money for doing nothing beyond spending money a couple of decades ago and the odd bit of begrudged maintenance.

ETA: And Bruce has a point - it's a point of division and envy between lower and middle income workers, and also women, who are more likely to lok for work-from-home jobs.

Last edited:
Thing is I can understand when people say guns aren't the issue. This guy could have picked up a knife and tried to stab people in the store for example. The guns aren't responsible for his racist and white supremacist views.

However, guns do enable him to kill more people in the way he did as well and enable more gun crime and suicides by guns. America has too many guns and too little regulation. Not everyone needs a gun, they should be limited to people with a genuine need, like those who may encounter wild animals. There is absolutely no reason to have a gun in the city other than other people have guns.

Issue is America is so ****** up right now and is basically in a cold civil war. There is simply no meaningful dialogue happening between people with opposing views.
I don't even know how you'd would begin to solve an issue like this as it's so ingrained in the culture and there's so many guns out there that even if you banned them tomorrow you're never getting them off people.

Affects other parts of the economy ie passing/foot trade for pubs/cafes/shops etc in the city/town centres, which then affects tax revenues etc.

Tories answer to cost of living crisis? Don't be poor peasant! I mean FFS the idea you can tell people to just "work more hours" or "get a better job" is so detached from reality, so condescending and so arrogant. It's essentially saying that people on lower paid jobs who actually want to have some sort of life deserve to get ****** over.

Latest posts