• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Agreed but is their any realistic chance
Of controlling it? Even if they banned AR15's tomorrow I doubt you'd see many handing them back. I dunno, just so sad and ****** that it's hard to see a way out of this. Most Americans seem happy to take this as a risk in their society though and I guess who are we to tell them how to do things.

Most Americans are for gun control from what I gather.

Many might not give their AR rifles back, but it's easier to spot red flags if ordering parts etc for them.

I mean considering Americans like to tell the rest of the world to act why can't we tell them how to do things.

More people have died this year from school shootings than cops have on duty

Most Americans are for gun control from what I gather.

Many might not give their AR rifles back, but it's easier to spot red flags if ordering parts etc for them.

I mean considering Americans like to tell the rest of the world to act why can't we tell them how to do things.

More people have died this year from school shootings than cops have on duty
Yeah, and I don't mean to come across as being difficult as I agree with you and come from the same place but it's hard man. I dunno, it just seems like it would be ******* against the wind. Mind you, we're never going to stop rapes and murders but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Hopefully the younger generation can bring about some change over the next 20 years or so. I have no idea what the attitude is like amongst young Americans these days but I'd like to think there's more opposition to them now than there was say 30 years ago but that's perhaps wishful thinking.

Last edited:
PMQs really is pointless. Starmer asking questions and Boris retorts with Brexit, vaccine rollout and Vladimir Corbyn

*I know the majority of the population don't listen to PMQs but you would hope to have a level of integrity during it

PMQs really is pointless. Starmer asking questions and Boris retorts with Brexit, vaccine rollout and Vladimir Corbyn

*I know the majority of the population don't listen to PMQs but you would hope to have a level of integrity during it
He's in full bluster mode I wish people would watch it to see what a **** he really is as its usually here his true nature is all on display. It makes me want to vomit but reality all I want to see is how many of his own MPs will knife him.

The Typical Punch and Judy show then? Why I find it such a turn off.

Just admitted to briefly attending gatherings.....didn't break them up......what a ****.

God this response to Starmer is **** as was the statement itself. He's had 6 months to prepare for this....

Johnson is absolute scum with no shame or integrity at all. I've not liked Tories for their policies but Johnson I find fundamentally repulsive as a human being without even getting into the policies. He's an absolute **** who is long overdue a smack in the face.

The nerve of the Tories telling us all to "move on", no you ******* scumbags, we will not move on for as long as you are not being held accountable for your actions. You don't get to decide something doesn't matter after you did something wrong.

Americans would rather arm teachers than control it.
This was about 10 years ago but I remember someone approached our ex-military teachers with the idea of arming them in case of a shooting and they were extremely uncomfortable being put in that situation.
The big question should be how does someone with Mental health issues be allowed to buy a firearm? You cannot do it in the UK
Texas, gun sale loophole, or black market. I know that in a lot of states people with mental health history cannot buy firearms.
As a gun totting/gun hating (not sure which you are) American, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on this @die_mole
Personally I'm very uncomfortable with a gun in my hands but I understand hunting so I think that appropriate guns should be allowed but we need to be cracking down on other things.

As I was going to bed last night all I could think about was how hard it would be for anyone in that community to do the same. That then transitioned to how we will likely do nothing to prevent another community from going through this pain or more families from losing young ones in such a meaningless way. I grew up about an hour away from the Amish school shooting and it happened while I was in sixth grade. Active shooter drills were as common as fire drills. A common fear on my baseball team (myself included) was oncoming cars cause that person might have a gun and you couldn't see it.

Our political climate is way too ****** for anything to change now. The window was around Sandy Hook but idk if we are ever getting that time back in America.

I've glanced at the report and there doesn't seem to be anything that wasn't generally known. Maybe some details will challenge the police decisions like the photos, but nothing that will make Johnson resign or Tory MPs send more letters in.

For me the key is if anyone can prove he lied.

37 pages folks
Bit ****, isn't it?

Worst one wasn't investigated because it's now a police matter,
Only 9 photos despite them saying there was an official photographer there,

Recommendation of a slap on the wrist and being sent to bed without any supper

Bit ****, isn't it?

Worst one wasn't investigated because it's now a police matter,
Only 9 photos despite them saying there was an official photographer there,

Recommendation of a slap on the wrist and being sent to bed without any supper
Was supposed to be damning and the worst it says is there was a failure in leadership. Nothing about a culture that had one set of rules for the plebs and another for themselves.

One of the more baffling things (other than obvious intent to pull one over) is trying to claim he though these were work event. I'm just not sure what work 'events' were allowed other than doing your ******* job and going home. Even meetings had very strict rules about how to use space in most workplaces.

this is a bit better reading in terms of the content of messages. However, as I said I feel that this changes nothing and only evidence that the police messed up, new evidence or proving he lied will change anything.

"This paper studies whether corruption in the public sector is more likely to prevail when right-wing parties are in power"
"The empirical analysis for 106 countries over the 1984 - 2008 period provides strong evidence in favor of this hypothesis. In particular, we find that the extent of corruption is by about 10% larger when right-wing parties are in power rather than left-wing or centrist parties."

And we just see it playing out right in front of us.

Latest posts