• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Kinda feel our European leaders should be speaking out against this. I don't think abortion is a simple issue even though I'm definitely pro choice but it is pretty messed up and obviously the word does look to America and seeing this **** with no one over here speaking out against it is kinda sad imo.

Kinda feel our European leaders should be speaking out against this. I don't think abortion is a simple issue even though I'm definitely pro choice but it is pretty messed up and obviously the word does look to America and seeing this **** with no one over here speaking out against it is kinda sad imo.
Its difficult when countries have different abortion laws rather than absolute freedom for example in the UK we have defecto free choice its not actually on the books that way and is still limited by weeks (although they are some of the most liberal laws in the world) and whilst legalised in NI there are no actual clinics to get one (seen many people the past few days suggest we should impose it on them because the British imposing stuff over there worked so well in the past).

It makes it a mess of trying to speak out against it no one agrees on the actual limitations. Even in the USA no state has a restriction at risk to life but varies wildly after that.

What's more concerning is US Supreme Court running roughshod over case law decided by previous justices.

I just want to get this straight.
So Steve hasn't been "cancelled" because only the left do that - instead, the law has been changed, to strip 59.5 million people of their right to protest, because one person was "a bit annoying".

And we're the snowflakes... and it wasn't cancelling...

Have I got that right?

Honestly really not that fussed anymore about the Uk.

Northern Ireland long run would be better off with Ireland and the Uk would be better off with them out also.

Scotland I don't see really how well off long run they would be with the Uk especially if a closed border happened.

Wales won't leave regardless.

From a Scotland POV most should wait and see what happens to the tories come GE I really do think we are seeing the end of them.

Anyway 99% sure Scotland won't get a referendum before 2025, if Johnson gets kicked out and Sturgeon is still in power with the snp I don't think they will vote leave anyway.

Yet another scandal for the Tories, it's just relentless. Johnson desperately trying to avoid another by-election. This government are a ******* disgrace. Forget policies (which have been dire) but the complete lack of any sort of integrity or morality is astonishing. I've spoken to people a fair bit older than me and not one has been able to name a prime ministership more corrupt, incompetent and scandal ridden than what we have now.

Yet another scandal for the Tories, it's just relentless. Johnson desperately trying to avoid another by-election. This government are a ******* disgrace. Forget policies (which have been dire) but the complete lack of any sort of integrity or morality is astonishing. I've spoken to people a fair bit older than me and not one has been able to name a prime ministership more corrupt, incompetent and scandal ridden than what we have now.
Was just chatting to last known open Brexity chap at work, whilst we didn't touch that topic we were discussing fuel and how the government just don't seam interested in doing anything currently. Said "they are just giving the impression they don't live in the same world as the rest of us".

He has to be forced into action because otherwise if he did what was right then he'd have to resign himself.

He has to be forced into action because otherwise if he did what was right then he'd have to resign himself.
I mean having a blowie from your mistress in a government office would be gross misconduct for just about anyone else.

And in a depressing rinse and repeat of previous discussions:

6 dead, 24 injured in 4th July shooting in Chicago. Horrific for those involved or impacted.

Never ending.

6 dead, 24 injured in 4th July shooting in Chicago. Horrific for those involved or impacted.

Never ending.
And each time Republicans will say "now is not the time to discuss gun control after such a tragedy" knowing full well the next shooting is only a few days away tops.

Never ending.
And they can't blame the lack of doors this time.🤔

Johnson was not aware of any specific allegations.
Ok, so Johnson was aware of reports and rumours.
Ok, so Johnson was aware of allegations but they were either resolved or did not go to a formal complaint. (I believe resolved meant he was absolved here)
Ok, so there was a cabinet office investigation and the misconduct was confirmed that Johnson was aware of and then still gave him a promotion.

Hmm, why does this sound so familar...

Lying ******* lies. You have to be a very perverse individual to see all this and still want them anywhere near any position of responsibility.

Honesty Biden could just pack the court but him and the democrats don't have any balls.
I don't think you quite grasp how it works. For any president to nominate a Supreme Court Justice, there has to be a vacancy. In 2016, Justice Scalia died in February, nine months before the presidential election. Senate Leader Mitch McConnell refused to hold a confirmation hearing for president Obama's nomination to replace Scalia, saying it was too close to the election. When Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg died in September 2020, two months before the election, Turtleneck rushed through the confirmation of Trump's third SCOTUS nomination. That's how it works, and there's nothing that can be done about it. You can now look forward to same-sex marriage, civil rights, race laws and who knows what else coming under attack.

Those justices said under oath they would respect the precedent of Roe vs Wade. Lying under oath is a CRIME. ******* right wing fanatics across the west are tearing down all rules, breaking the law, restricting rights, lying, cheating, being violent... Absolute scum. Anyone on the right who supports the likes of Johnson, Trumpians, Farage, Le Pen etc you can shut the **** up, YOU are the problem, YOU are the ones destroying society and tearing down the rule of law.

To think some of you will have the gall to complain about strikes when you look at all the damage right wing demagogues are causing across the west.
A bit angry, a little wild, and absolutely 100% accurate. well said.

Latest posts