• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Do they think it's a mistake?

Well if they don't realise it by now they're idiots. She said what she thought Tory members wanted to hear in order to get elected as leader. Sunak on the other hand made clear he would make politically difficult decisions in the national interest and he's being proved right.

It seems ridiculous to me that she would sack him when he's carrying out her leadership pledges. Resigning may be his only choice if it soon reaches a point where he's on to a hiding to nothing and wants to salvage his career. The quicker they implode the better for the country.

It's being reported this morning that Truss and Kwarteng were warned the pound would nosedive but they still went ahead anyway.

It seems ridiculous to me that she would sack him when he's carrying out her leadership pledges. Resigning may be his only choice if it soon reaches a point where he's on to a hiding to nothing and wants to salvage his career. The quicker they implode the better for the country.

It's being reported this morning that Truss and Kwarteng were warned the pound would nosedive but they still went ahead anyway.
They were warned of it all and decided to dismiss the experts. Looks like all but the Mail have turned on Kwarteng. But she's now doing the round doubling down.

They were warned of it all and decided to dismiss the experts. Looks like all but the Mail have turned on Kwarteng. But she's now doing the round doubling down.

Yeah she's doing the old 'the lady's not for turning' Thatcher impression but she's even not in the same league. I see they're also pinning it all on the war in Ukraine - desperate stuff.

Looks like local BBC radio was a terrible idea, loads of clips like this of Truss being inept.

Do you reckon they've already given up on the next election and are doing a Worcester to try and cash in as much as possible before they leave office?

My friend put that theory to me last night. There's a lot of money to be made betting on the markets and after the COVID contracts fiasco it wouldn't surprise me - one last big pay day before being kicked out. I also wondered if their goal is for Labour to inherit an even bigger mess.

Honestly whilst I think that is the goal of some Tory party MP/donors/members I don't think its Truss is.

Seriously listen to any interview with her, you think that person is masterminding any of this?

Do you reckon they've already given up on the next election and are doing a Worcester to try and cash in as much as possible before they leave office?
That was exactly my theory from when it was obviously a coronation rather than a contest.

Honestly whilst I think that is the goal of some Tory party MP/donors/members I don't think its Truss is.

Seriously listen to any interview with her, you think that person is masterminding any of this?
Of course not - she's a puppet; and it's the ERG nutters, led by JRM (the disaster capitalist and Dickensian villain - who would never serve in cabinet for any PM other than BJ...) who hold the strings - I believe I've mentioned this before.

The Tories have a track record of being warned and ignoring it only for it to be shown to be correct. All they have to do is dismiss any warning as project fear and their base lap it up. Mindless nationalism and banging the Britain drum are all that's needed and just accuse anyone who earns if the consequences of talking down Britain.

Latest posts