• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

driving u turn GIF

Not another one. 🤔

Shapps was saying they'd never pass the budget. Still the damage done is still there. Who knows if that will fix the markets. The pound bounced back but nothing else.
Yep, I think Kwarteng will be one of the shortest lived chancellors.

BA164ECA-B422-456D-8033-8D626A054172.jpeg

Last edited:
Knowing the Tories, I can't see this u-turn happening unless it is part of a smoke and mirrors tactic to deflect from some other way of screwing over the British people. Also got a horrible feeling that Johnson will run again and win if they decide to replace Truss. The party are wholly unfit to govern and it's frankly embarrassing the British people looked at them as worth voting for.

Its a very high profile u-turn on an extremely unpopular policy. Pretty much a mask off moment for the Tories. They've shown they want to do it I'm not sure many will be forgiving.

I think she's stuck with pledges that were designed to win over rich Tory members and are incompatible with the current crisis in the country. This is the issue when you don't have a GE after changing leader mid term.
In any case, it sounds like there is a pretty strong Tory rebellion on the backbenches (led by Gove. Sunak, Schapps etc) who don't have Truss' back. She's a lame duck PM already and is surely toast.

They've already shorted the pound, they don't need to follow through with the policy now

breaking bad huell babineaux GIF

******* hell, decriminalise it you bloody idiots.

Would you look at that, a bunch of Conservatives completely at odds with the public and the experts. Who would have thought?

God as a country we really need to get our **** together and those who keep voting for these tossers need to have their heads examined. By all means I can understand (although disagree) with voting Tory during normal times but the current crop are so ******* terrible you really must have something wrong with you to continue supporting them.

During the Tory leadership contest didn't Truss say she was "ready to be PM and lead from day one" and that she was the candidate who "gets things done"?

Gotta laugh at how this U turn is being framed as "We get it. We're listening to the people".

Just now - and things like this have a 24 hour delay on them, which Ukrainians are generally very keen on supporting.

Looks like the 2nd line of defence for the Russians is Dudchany - which is the next town/village, and is split over an estuary, with the 3rd line at Mylove (another estuary town.

Crucially, Dudchany is also the site of the next road heading NW heading towards Davydiv Brid; sadly, South of the estuary. There's another, bigger road NW at Mylove - between the town and the estuary.

Around Davydiv Brid, the crucial village looks like being Bruskynske, on the main road between DB and Kherson. Most sources have it in Russian hands, several have it "contested" and a few even have it in Ukrainian hands.

Kherson N].jpg

Last edited:

Just now - and things like this have a 24 hour delay on them, which Ukrainians are generally very keen on supporting.

Looks like the 2nd line of defence for the Russians is Dudchany - which is the next town/village, and is split over an estuary, with the 3rd line at Mylove (another estuary town.

Crucially, Dudchany is also the site of the next road heading NW heading towards Davydiv Brid; sadly, South of the estuary. There's another, bigger road NW at Mylove - between the town and the estuary.

Around Davydiv Brid, the crucial village looks like being Bruskynske, on the main road between DB and Kherson. Most sources have it in Russian hands, several have it "contested" and a few even have it in Ukrainian hands.

View attachment 15205

The current successes for the Ukrainian army are about the only thing making me smile at the minute. The map I saw showed them advanced than that but like you said it's better to wait 24 hours for confirmation

Latest posts