• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I despise Cruella Braverman already. Plenty anti foreigner rhetoric and accusing MPs of a coup at a party conference?! That's just going to widen the divisions not heal them. What a muppet.
Tell me you're evil, without telling me that you're evil
Incredible how **** they are
It was the pressure of time - that extra 10 days to come up with a budget just put too much pressure on him, than not having those 10 days.

309349690_470473671797115_6978550876816799062_n.jpg

Why is it after the U-Turn he said "we have listened"?

Well why didn't you listen to the people telling you it was a terrible idea before you did it?

Incredible how **** they are
Within that one article.

We messed up because even though we promised to have it ready 2 weeks earlier, we didn't have enough time.
We won't announce our plan to pay for the cuts until 23rd of november even though we have already said it will be earlier.
We will still cut taxes for the rich soon, we just need to distract people first.

I just had a thought and it builds on previous theories. Is this all still a plot by Johnson's supporters to bring him back. My main evidence is Nadine Dorries calling for an election. It may just be her being her usual thick self, but an election now would surely be suicidal for the Tories. Also she was a Truss supporter and it seems very quick to turn on her. Did Johnson's supporters help get Truss elected as they knew how bad she'd be and that she wouldn't last long?

Now, suppose Truss did call an election and there was a huge swing giving labour a majority or at least the most seats, then Truss would surely resign. This would then allow Johnson to run in the contest to be leader.

Ok, so why an election and not just get rid of Truss. Well Johnson, while popular with Tory members, is still toxic with the public and it would likely only delay an defeat at the next election unless something radically changed at which point he would have to resign, if he replaced just replaved Truss now as PM. However, if it comes after an election he has 5 years as opposition leader to do his usual populist act, while Labour tries into fix the mess they are left with, and rebuild his popularity. On top he could be elected leader by reminding everyone that he won a huge majority and so can do it again.

Thoughts?

I just had a thought and it builds on previous theories. Is this all still a plot by Johnson's supporters to bring him back. My main evidence is Nadine Dorries calling for an election. It may just be her being her usual thick self, but an election now would surely be suicidal for the Tories. Also she was a Truss supporter and it seems very quick to turn on her. Did Johnson's supporters help get Truss elected as they knew how bad she'd be and that she wouldn't last long?

Now, suppose Truss did call an election and there was a huge swing giving labour a majority or at least the most seats, then Truss would surely resign. This would then allow Johnson to run in the contest to be leader.

Ok, so why an election and not just get rid of Truss. Well Johnson, while popular with Tory members, is still toxic with the public and it would likely only delay an defeat at the next election unless something radically changed at which point he would have to resign, if he replaced just replaved Truss now as PM. However, if it comes after an election he has 5 years as opposition leader to do his usual populist act, while Labour tries into fix the mess they are left with, and rebuild his popularity. On top he could be elected leader by reminding everyone that he won a huge majority and so can do it again.

Thoughts?
Whilst I don't think it has been engineered to work out like this, I do think this could realistically be how things end up turning out. A lot of people were extremely deluded about Johnson and fully bought into his act. Nobody supports Truss.

Rumours abounding that Snihurivka has been liberated (or at least, deserted by Russia) - but so far no actual confirmation / geolocated pictures.

If true, that's huge - it's massively defended by Russia, and opens up a highway straight to Kherson, to the West of the Inhulets.
It's currently a big "IF" though -this one has been rumoured several times, and proven false, with the source generally traced back to pro-Russia channels, presumably in an attempt to suck Ukrainians into a trap.
Here's a report / retelling of rumour - the more cautious sources I follow have either refused to retell it, of have done so, and subsequently deleted.

NB: Of course, what I had managed to forget in my previous post on Ukraine, Novo Khakhova is currently the only operable bridge over the Dnipro - If Ukraine gets past Beryslav, then Kherson is entirely cut off (again) for supplies. For Russia, retreating beck behind the Inhulets simply isn't an option, however hard it's going to be to defend Beryslav / Kozatske

ETA: Looks like the original source this time was Russians on Telegram, so... maybe Russians panicking and running away, unlikely Ukrainian liberation (yet), most likely lies. (Have removed the report)

Last edited:

Pretty massive EU ruling.
Wouldn't surprise me if Apple just turn around and put two fingers up to the EU and just make the iPhone portless. That is their ultimate aim anyway.

I hope they do put a usb type c port in for faster charging and also transfer speeds. But they are a law unto themselves, milking the license fees from lightning port.

I wonder if this will have a knock-on effect on their Mac peripherals?
I don't have an iPhone so having to have different cables to charge my keyboard/mouse is annoying
I have two MacBooks and ipad. One mac still uses old usb type A and the other is type C, as well as my iPad. So, yes it does and can affect peripherals for me.

However, My iPhone pro max's battery is great and I just put it on wireless charging at night and lasts me a full day. For transferring photos and vids I use airdrop. But I am not in a hurry lol. USB 2.0 transfer speeds on a £1000 + phone is an absolute joke.

Apparently UK will not follow EU on this, apart from NI. So whether apple just produce one iPhone for EU and NI with type c and one for rest of the world remains to be seen. Apple Fanboys will still buy them.

Putin's next move? Take out Ukraine's energy supply in major towns and cities?

Start as you mean to go on with an unenforced error, anyone actually listening to it?

Latest posts