• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

putting my Machiavellian feathered cap on I don't understand the UK letting the Supreme Court make a ruling on it. The US would have refused to give them standing. I can see letting the Scots hold a non-binding referendum but this is just going give the Scots more energy and they now know that there is no legal route to independence.

I agree with @Tallshort on Starmer, no reason to expect him to do anything until he puts his name on it.

Starmer will no doubt rule out any deals with the SNP before the GE but I wonder what he'd do if there's a hung Parliament and he needs an alliance with the SNP to oust the Tories. This situation may well arise.

Starmer will no doubt rule out any deals with the SNP before the GE but I wonder what he'd do if there's a hung Parliament and he needs an alliance with the SNP to oust the Tories. This situation may well arise.
Surely the only way the SNP would agree to any coalition would be with indyref 2. Labour have lost 40 plus seats in Scotland. I'm not sure if Sturgeon makes it a single issue hoping SNP get over 50% of the vote. Some people might well swing back to Labour.

Surely the only way the SNP would agree to any coalition would be with indyref 2. Labour have lost 40 plus seats in Scotland. I'm not sure if Sturgeon makes it a single issue hoping SNP get over 50% of the vote. Some people might well swing back to Labour.

That's what I was alluding to. That would surely be the SNP's primary condition. Starmer then risks the break up of the union happening on his watch. No deal with the SNP could mean the Tories remain in power and he has to step down.

I doubt Sturgeon will actually make it single issue. She will make it clear that a vote for the SNP is a vote for independence but she will no doubt have to cover health, education etc as part of the SNP's campaign.

That's what I was alluding to. That would surely be the SNP's primary condition. Starmer then risks the break up of the union happening on his watch. No deal with the SNP could mean the Tories remain in power and he has to step down.

I doubt Sturgeon will actually make it single issue. She will make it clear that a vote for the SNP is a vote for independence but she will no doubt have to cover health, education etc as part of the SNP's campaign.
I am not so sure. Unless she really thinks she can convince Westminster to allow another referendum. She's rapidly running out of options. Get less than 50% in the GE she'll have boxed herself into a corner. Like you said I'm not so sure she will campaign on that basis.

this comes in the middle (hopefully the end) of two very long weeks so far of gun violence. The UVA shooting was heart breaking and it is just more and more bad news. Highly doubt anything will be done about gun violence however.

The level of corruption the Tories have shown is ******* sickening, as is the braindead continued support for them some people shown. You have to ask if some simply enjoy being ****** over and treated for idiots at this stage.

Tories LITERALLY were profiteering off the backs of people dying. If you are still happy to vote in people who did that then there is something ******* wrong with you.

Absolutely by design.

It's worth remembering that he literally wrote the book on this - you can buy it on amazon (if you want to give both Hunt and Bezos so,me £££).

Latest posts