• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a u turn everything wrong with the policy is still wrong.

When is a u turn not a u turn?

When it's a full circle?

So come on Ncurd... what are your dislikes with the dementia

My entire issue is it indiscriminately is a tax on those who get inflicted with it. The whole point a National Health and Social Care system is that we collectively put into it so if we need it its there for us. No one single group shoulders the burden for what they need.

It certainly looks that way.
Lets see how the 'strong and stable' govt reacts to a murderous attack against civilians that is directly connected to the ongoing bombing campaign that David Cameron opened during his tenure and remains in place under Teresa May.
When you openly bomb and oppress these poor cultures (like Yemen, Iraq and Syria) you foment bitterness and hatred. When we perform these vile actions we are actively supporting the USA in its indiscriminate acts of terrorism against civilian populations with their ongoing use of drones to assassinate their 'targets'. Innocent civilians are murdered during these attacks.
So what do you expect this kind of constant aggression is going to yield?
Other than more deaths of soft targets here, innocent civilaians going to watch a pop concert in their home town, and other parts of western Europe who are actively contributing to making life for large areas of the middle east unbearable.
Low level suicide bombing and driving vehicles into people is pretty much the only way these folks can respond.
Heaven help us if they get their hands on a dirty bomb.
Do you think they will have mercy on us after what we are continuosly perpetrating on them?

Who are we bombing anyway?
ISIL?
ISIS?
Eye-sore?
The 'immoderate' Mulsim contingents?
We know the west (USA, Britain and France) are 'weaponising' 'moderate Muslim factions' so they can continue war against ? Who? Assad? Other splinter 'extremist' organisations? Each other? The Kurds?
It's a stone cold mess.
We don't even know who the enemy is any more.
The Russians took a no nonsense approach and bombed the bejesus out of the ISIL elements that were attacking the Syrian cities and although the count of innocent civilians dying has been far too high, we could at least see who they were fighting.
We have no idea what our military is doing? Who they are bombing? Where are they targeting?
All the 'news' has quietly dropped away and yet the attacks continue relentlessly.

Terrorists are not born.
They are made, made by the circumstances that 'we are contributing to every day' through our collective support of the the murder of innocent civilians in Iraq and Syria through a bombing program 'we' allowed our politicians to agree to, a policy and tactic that has
NO forseeable end.

I definitely didn't vote for a situation where the voting public have no idea what our air force is doing?
Yet they continue to run 'round the clock' missions against 'targets in Syria and Iraq.
To what end?
What is being achieved?
From here in blighty all we can see is an ongoing battle against the online radicalisation of British Muslims. Either to go and join the jihad through more splinter factions, or to act against soft targets at home.
A battle we, the public, are apparently losing.

God knows I wouldn't want to be one of the Mum's and Dad's who are without one of their beautiful children this morning because they went to a pop concert last night.
My heart goes out to the families who suffered the atrocity in Manchester.
My brain is searching for reasons as to why we are continuing to create the environment for these kind of disgusting retaliatory attacks to occur on our soil, in our back yards.
How do we stop these attacks from occurring?
Bombing is NOT working.
We have to change direction.

We can do it at the ballot box.
Warmongering Tories OUT !!
Lets get a compassionate govt in that will stop the wanton unbridled and unrestrained aggression.

When we have a viable target then sure lets go at them.
Now it's a series of splinter groups being supported by the Americans to keep the war going. The Americans are attacking the Syrian govt forces now because there isn't enough 'ISIL' left to fight with...
In the meantime, Iraq's natural mineral resource is pouring into American supertankers and pouring out in Houston for oil companies to make a profit from... while the civilian population in Iraq is dominated by an occupying enemy. Thats a perfect hostile environment from which you create terrorist havens to promote insidious ideologies and perpetrate them around the world.

I didn't vote conservative at the last two elections.
Why should I have to be in a country that suffers the increased danger of soft civilian targetted attacks because of the moronic, barbaric ongoing aggression being perpetrated by this govt, our government, against who knows how many targets in the middle east.
Then we have the ongoing sales of weapons to Bahrain, who have an exceptionally poor record of misconduct against their civilian population and to Saudi Arabia who are still bombing Yemen back into the stone age.
Why are we selling our best and newest weapons to customers with the very poorest history of moral and ethical governance?
We are creating a liability in the middle east and guaranteeing a generational conflagration of unending conflict.
Which country is currently contributing the most danger to civilian vessels in the Red Sea and the Arabian horn?
Is it still Somalia?
No. It is not.
Now it is Yemen.
Saudi Arabia is bombing Yemen into the stone age.
Where did they get their weapons from?
USA? Britain?
Trump has just been there flogging military hardware.
If you bomb these countries into lawless inhospitable environments you only foment hatred and villainy.
Now there are more attacks on civilian and trade vessels coming out of Yemen than any other country in the wider middle east.

Violence begats violence.
The manufacturers of arms need war.
Without war the largest western economies slow down. Jobs are lost, profits are not realised. Civil unrest increases at home.
Presidents are threatened or assassinated (JFK didn't want to go into Vietnam)
'Dodgy Dossiers' are 'manufactured' by war criminals.

We can stop terrorism quickly.
We can end the torment of innocent civilians like those in Manchester.
We owe it to those families.
That could have easily been any one of us living here in the UK.
Vote the warmongers out and change the aggressive policy we have for dealing with any issues in the middle east.

Last edited:
Any bets on whether Manchester was an Islamic attack?
And last year a far right nationalist tried to disrupt out democracy....... maybe the problem is radicalism not the religion.

Utterly appalled and saddened by these events.

Terrible news we are seeing this morning. Thoughts with those affected.

Seeing the likes of May and Trump in Saudi signing arms deals is nothing short of stomach churning and yet today we will see May standing in front of a camera saying her thoughts are with the families affected in Manchester. After Brexit just watch how the UK takes being America's no.1 war b1tch to a new level.

It's interesting how whistle blowing within companies is now widely promoted and an accepted part of corporate culture but when the likes of Julian Assange and others calls out or blows the whistle on politicians in an attempt to make the public aware of the shenanigans that goes on, he's considered a threat to national security. Iran has been on America's hit list for years and now they are cranking things up while at the same time de-stabilising the region and the rest of the world.

Religion is a problem full stop in my eyes.

America refuses to sign up to climate change because many of it's people and politicians believe that the second coming of Jesus is going to happen in their lifetime.

Bloody hell the radio will wind me fully today.

People already moaning about letting immigrants over here when we know nothing about the attacker.

(Although most likely it is a lone radical Muslim who was born in this country, but don't go around making accusations before you know)

Targeting a concert largely full of young teenage girls. Absolute scum will be remembered in history as such. Feel awful for anyone in and around Manchester and Britain in general. Here's hoping for no more deaths and the injured to recover fully.
Really hope this isn't used for political ammo in the coming election by anyone and the victims are given the dignity they deserve.

Sadly its almost impossible for this not to become political in some way being mid-way through in election. Leaders will be required to comment on it and its impossible not for them to put their political views into what they say.

May has to project herself as in control of the situation even if we weren't in an election and doubly so because of it. If shes seen to be doing nothing she'll lose votes if she does do something it will be through her political lens.

We can't really moan about leaders polticalising it because we all will we just need to listen to what they are saying.

Another radicalised British Muslim making a political statement by blowing himself up and causing misery in the process.

His parents are from Libya, another lawless country whee the Americans have used their military muscle to consolidate a deal with a local warlord to secure oil acces.

maybe the problem is radicalism not the religion.

I somewhat agree. But radicalism in religion is becoming way too common, especially with Islam. I can pull up some statistics if you would like. Religion is fairly dangerous, but Islam tends to be more than most.

His parents are from Libya, another lawless country whee the Americans have used their military muscle to consolidate a deal with a local warlord to secure oil acces.

Yeah, let us blame the Yanks. That is the PC thing to do.

I don't think Radical Islam attracts anymore of the % of a population than other groups that willing to use violence to attack others in society. I look at groups like the EDL and Britain First and can see they are feeding off that same level of thinking.
What I do want to understand is why Radical Islam can convince its devotee's to inflict such harm and what they will achieve even thats becoming unclearer with each attack. At least the IRA had an ideology and a common purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts