• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump, in yet another ignorant and tone deaf statement, says the Irish border after Brexit will be no problem at all... I mean it's only been the single biggest sticking point in the entire Brexit negotiations but ok. Man who wants wall sees no problem with possible wall. That is literally the extent his thinking goes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48505300

The fact he is trying to draw parallels between the N.Ireland - Ireland border and the USA - Mexico border shows what a fuckwit he is.

Ford Bridgend closing.

Probably not a Brexit decision given closure in Bordeaux and job losses in Germany - but it certainly isn't helping any UK factory make a case for them being chosen to be kept on in lieu of other factories being closed.

Sad news but you've got to wonder about the choreography. Announced the day after Trump leaves the UK.

Whats that tax cuts for high earners in the event of no deal Brexit, 'who'd have guessed'

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48577579#

Bribing his way to being PM; hardly a surprise coming from "we'll save £350m and instead give it to the NHS" Bojo. It will play very well to the Tory grassroot voters though.

But I wouldn't trust Bojo as far as I could throw him.

The Tory snake pit reminds me of the TV series House of Cards. Someone kept this cocaine grenade up their sleeve and threw it at the right time. They really are a self serving shower of kn0bs. BoJo the clown is a national embarassment and Jeremy Hunt is as dull as dishwater. He doesn't strike me as being that bright and has flip flopped more than anyone.

It's funny the endorsements are flying in before any of them have participated in any TV debates. I guess behind the scenes deals for cabinet jobs have already been done. I still don't know how any of them get a deal over the line when Parliament will block No deal and a confidence vote could collapse a No deal Government/PM.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-suspend-tory-leadership-corbyn-a8953896.html
Labour will mount a fresh bid to seize control of the Commons agenda to prevent the next Tory prime minister forcing through a no-deal Brexit.

The cross-party bid, led by Jeremy Corbyn, would see opposition MPs hijack the parliamentary timetable on 25 June, allowing them to introduce legislation to prevent the UK crashing out of the EU without a deal.

It comes amid mounting fears a new Tory leader could try to force through a no-deal Brexit on 31 October, with several contenders vowing to leave on that date, with or without a deal.

Dominic Raab, the ex-Brexit secretary, provoked outrage when he mooted suspending parliament to prevent MPs from blocking Brexit.

I still can't quite my head around ANY MP actually suggesting it in the first place; we live in a truly weird political climate

I really can't stand Jacob Rees Mogg. No guts to put himself forward to deliver Brexit or take part in the negotiations. He simply gobs off from the sidelines or sits behind the throne and will be the first to stab the next PM in the back.

I'm starting to hope that his man BoJo the odds on favourite does become the next PM. Hopefully he makes a complete arse of things and fails to deliver Brexit just like May. Then JRM and co won't be able to blame anyone else as BoJo is their man.

Duck, Johnson almost certain to make last two and therefore be PM...

All hail PM Johnson

Doesn't the favourite for Conservative leader normally end up losing?
Usually problem here is johnson is pretty much loved by the membership. What normally happens is the MP's get rid of the frontrunner, problem is Johnson would now have to lose votes to not be in front two in the next rounds of voting.

They said they didn't want another coronation but that's essentially what's happening. Keeping him away from the media makes him gaffe proof and a shoe in for the final two in which case he's home and hosed as the membership love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts