• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gove and Hunt stay neck and neck, BoJo can pretty much pick who he faces in the final two with this lending votes thing.

Word is that Boris' team have 'decided' that he will face Hunt in the last two as he is less of a threat from a debating perspective. Get ready for some tactical voting today. What an utter farce of a process. Another coronation in all but name.

I'd have thought Javid would be the one.

Honestly think its a bad move Hunt could be his biggest threat.

I'd have thought Javid would be the one.

Honestly think its a bad move Hunt could be his biggest threat.

Javid would be easy to compete against assuming that when push came to shove the older white male Tory membership wouldn't let a muslim candidate become leader/PM. Javid could also present some PR challenges to BoJo in the final two given his previous comments about muslims.

I don't think Hunt poses much threat in debates and he will always get some heat for being a flip flopping Remainer who as many have said is Theresa in trousers.

Javid looses 5 votes, 2 now spoiled

2 votes in Gove V Hunt

Sky news reporting that Javid's votes mostly appear to be going to Johnson and Gove. If Hunt beats Gove then it will suggest Johnson votes being lent to Hunt. If it's a secret ballot then I don't understand why they reveal numbers after each round (apart from satisfying people's/media's curiosity). The best way to avoid tactical voting would be to only announce who is through and who drops out and then only release the numbers for each round after the final two are confirmed.

Not that it matters. Johnson could turn up at the regional hustings with a pair of underpants over his head and two pencils up his nose and still win the members' vote.

So Johnson only picked up 3 of Javid's 34 votes despite the fact that there were five publicly declared Javid voters who said they were switching to Johnson this afternoon. Hmmm

Let's leave the EU and get away from these nasty unelected bureaucrats in Brussels so that we can be governed by this corrupt shower.

Last edited:
Sky news reporting that Javid's votes mostly appear to be going to Johnson and Gove. If Hunt beats Gove then it will suggest Johnson votes being lent to Hunt. If it's a secret ballot then I don't understand why they reveal numbers after each round (apart from satisfying people's/media's curiosity). The best way to avoid tactical voting would be to only announce who is through and who drops out and then only release the numbers for each round after the final two are confirmed.

Not that it matters. Johnson could turn up at the regional hustings with a pair of underpants over his head and two pencils up his nose and still win the members' vote.

Based on how things are going, he's probably have more votes if he did. I think what Blackadder said after fits quite well "who'd notice another madman around here?"

He's a ******* idiot, and his justification (and that of many other salty gammons on social media) that he was scared she could have a weapon on her is just insane.

The fact he had recently said police should be more aggressive with climate protestors is just the cherry on top.

Nothing will come of it though, she's already said she doesn't want to press charges so the police will say it was justifiable force and the tories will give him his token slap on the wrist (his current suspension) and everything will go back to normal very soon.

Yeah but it's common assault to chuck a milkshake and Farage didn't want to press charges. So he should be prosecuted.

I have less issue with the manhandling it's the way he kicked off that makes it utterly appalling. You have to watch the video really to see why it's wrong.

Tory MP has been done for fiddling expenses, 19% of his constituency have demanded he stand down so it's triggered a by-election

#StrongAndStable

and his justification (and that of many other salty gammons on social media) that he was scared she could have a weapon on her is just insane.

This is almost in the same league as people who make racist, sexist or homophobic comments and then claim it was only 'banter'.

Yeah but it's common assault to chuck a milkshake and Farage didn't want to press charges. So he should be prosecuted.

I have less issue with the manhandling it's the way he kicked off that makes it utterly appalling. You have to watch the video really to see why it's wrong.
If you think that's kicking off you have led a very sheltered life.

If you think that's kicking off you have led a very sheltered life.
I think you missunderstand my meaning. It's the way he enters the engagement he's sat at a table and she is walking past (it should be noted there is nothing confrontational at this point she's not making a noise or anything). He slams his chair backwards to block her, grabs her by the throat and slams her against the wall.

In what way is that an acceptable way to remove a peaceful protestor as your starting gambit?

The chair is fine but surely your first reaction is to talk to person first and if they become rowdy or refuse to move you then may have to physically remove them? Note no one else at the dinner even had close to the reaction he did.

Anyway that's what I meant by kicking off its the way he engages the confrontation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts