• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunt proposing a vote on fox hunting. It's amazing how no matter how much **** the country is in or what vastly more important issues are at stake, the Tory elite STILL want to resurrect this barbaric practice. Just shows how out of touch the toffs are with the rest of the country

Hes not running a general election hes running for leadership of the Tory party. Why wouldn't he he say things that appeal to Tories?

Hunt proposing a vote on fox hunting. It's amazing how no matter how much **** the country is in or what vastly more important issues are at stake, the Tory elite STILL want to resurrect this barbaric practice. Just shows how out of touch the toffs are with the rest of the country

I say chaps, tally-ho - I spot the blighter racing over that hedge - heave-to boys or he'll destroy my polo pitch!

TBH the hunting ban (Which was Blair trying to use a distraction at the time) as is, is not very enforceable and has changed nothing never understood why the Hunters (of which I know a lot of) want it changed when there is so much loopholes.
Having it un-banned just leads it to being open to another stricter ban from a labour gov in the future. I don't see Labour making it stricter whilst it is still "banned".

Met Martin a couple of times genuinely nice bloke.

The saddest thing about Widdecome's remarks is the amount of people defending them and the ways. Reading Lammy's Twitter replied makes me truly believe we are ****** as a nation.

Just renewed my UK driving license and received it. Funny how it's still got the UK EU flag if we're leaving, but won't be referenced on the renewed passports.

Ann Widdecombe showing everyone exactly what they missed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48869520

Disgusting person.

Such a stupid *****.

Remember all those slaves who had a seat at the table discussing the policy of the plantations? Who played a role in running them, who voted to become slaves and then also voted to then stop being slaves.

Someone slap that vile old hag with a voice like fingers on a chalk board into the 18th century where she belongs.

Such a stupid *****.

Remember all those slaves who had a seat at the table discussing the policy of the plantations? Who played a role in running them, who voted to become slaves and then also voted to then stop being slaves.

Someone slap that vile old hag with a voice like fingers on a chalk board into the 18th century where she belongs.

Problem is people are justifying it by saying it's a metaphor and she isn't actually saying the British people are equivalent to slaves. Yes she is, her metaphor is equating the current situation with previous situations. Also all of the examples used, the people who rose up did not agree at any point to be ruled by those above them. Britain went into the E.U voluntarily by the will of the people.

What's worse is the amount of people who have believed the media campaign about the E.U bullying and oppressing the U.K with hundreds of laws it doesn't want. It's just not true yet that is the narrative people believe.

Yaxley-Lennon is seeking asylum in the USA as a political refugee in a move that has caused irony monitors the world over to go into meltdown

Yaxley-Lennon is seeking asylum in the USA as a political refugee in a move that has caused irony monitors the world over to go into meltdown
Of can we get a DNA test to prove he's something like 51% South American/Middle Eastern

So Labour clarify they will back remain as an option on a second referendum. However still won't clarify what Labour goverment will do.

Might stop hemorrhaging of support but probably won't get people to return.

Trump going full retard on the ambassador issue. How anyone can think his actions are ok is staggering. If ever no 10 needed to show backbone it is now. They must commit to standing by our ambassador and not let this egotistical maniac get his way. If this drags on it will hurt trump much more than us and I'm sure some big political names will step in and tell him to wind his neck in. Even the most partisan republicans don't want to see the relationship with Britain torpaedoed over Trumps fragile ego.

Biggest political news of the year (****** to Brexit), MPs vote to extend equal marriage and abortion to Northern Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts