• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up reading the shitshow that is Twitter this morning.

God Labour activists are so God damn stupid to think this is a good idea....yes it's popular within your party but everyone on outside is think WTF

It's fantastic that children are taking the lead on this; it's their future they are fighting for. But having said that the one thing I have read on climate change which I do agree with is that it must be framed in economic terms and appeal to countries' self interest.

All very well these climate protestors banging on about stop doing this and stop doing because the planet is warming up, but 7 billion people are only really thinking about the now and themselves; their own families, putting food on the table not someone in some far flung place, or saving the planet and in turn the big countries' governments like China/USA/India. If real change is going to happen on a global level unfortunately it will have to mean those global players need an economic incentives to do so. How this is done is a different ball game.

Apparently Brown, Milliband and every other living previous leader and some of deputies have been ringing Corbyn telling him to drop the attempt to oust Watson.

If it doesn't get dropped this going to be huge.

Apparently Brown, Milliband and every other living previous leader and some of deputies have been ringing Corbyn telling him to drop the attempt to oust Watson.

If it doesn't get dropped this going to be huge.
Purity > Victory

Momentum have gone full on batshit with their purging of the labour party

Purity > Victory

Momentum have gone full on batshit with their purging of the labour party
TBF I can understand why they are ****** with him he's constantly briefing against the rest of the leadership especially in regards to Brexit. But this is not the way guys.

Just reading about the imminent collapse of Thomas Cook and government not willing to step in and save it. 150,000 Britons could be stranded abroad.

Just reading about the imminent collapse of Thomas Cook and government not willing to step in and save it. 150,000 Britons could be stranded abroad.
:mad:

Honestly how badly must Thomas Cook be managed for them to be in this situation.

:mad:

Honestly how badly must Thomas Cook be managed for them to be in this situation.

the times are reporting that they have saddled themselves with £1.7billion in debt. If and and when it collapses, this could mean a big operation to repatriate Britons back from abroad.

the times are reporting that they have saddled themselves with £1.7billion in debt. If and and when it collapses, this could mean a big operation to repatriate Britons back from abroad.
Honestly on the government stepping it that's all they should be doing. Businesses need to be allowed to fail. I just think once abroad people need larger protection to getting back home than they currently do by these operators.

Honestly on the government stepping it that's all they should be doing. Businesses need to be allowed to fail. I just think once abroad people need larger protection to getting back home than they currently do by these operators.

I am surprised the ATOL scheme isn't covering it and would have thought all TC holidays would come under it.

I am surprised the ATOL scheme isn't covering it and would have thought all TC holidays would come under it.
From the BBC

What are your rights?
If you are on a package holiday you are covered by the Air Travel Organiser's Licence scheme (Atol).

The scheme will pay for your accommodation abroad, although you may have to move to a different hotel or apartment.

Atol will also pay to have you brought home if the airline is no longer operating.

If you have holiday booked in the future you will also be refunded by the scheme.

If you have booked a flight-only deal you will need to apply to your travel insurance company or credit card and debit card provider to seek a refund.

When Monarch Airlines collapsed in 2017, the government organised to bring home all the stranded passengers, whether they were covered by Atol or not.

Here is more information on Atol protection and Your questions answered

So ATOL does cover it but those holiday makers still need a way home I guess.

The pro-brexit radio presenter Julia Hartley Brewer who works for Talk Radio, has released details to her Twitter followers about the location of the home of Jolyon Maugham QC, his wife and their small children.

Jolyon Maugham has, for the first time, been told he should take precautions to protect his personal security.
As I'm sure you likely know, Jolyon Maugham has been fighting in the Supreme Court to protect our democratic process.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1175766639561859073

The pro-brexit radio presenter Julia Hartley Brewer who works for Talk Radio, has released details to her Twitter followers about the location of the home of Jolyon Maugham QC, his wife and their small children.

Jolyon Maugham has, for the first time, been told he should take precautions to protect his personal security.
As I'm sure you likely know, Jolyon Maugham has been fighting in the Supreme Court to protect our democratic process.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1175766639561859073

There is something very sinister in the Brexiter mindset... I've spoken to a few Brexiters and every single one seems to be happy to sacrifice everything to get their way. They'd happily see the country burn if the ashes were no longer part of the EU.

From the BBC

What are your rights?
If you are on a package holiday you are covered by the Air Travel Organiser's Licence scheme (Atol).

The scheme will pay for your accommodation abroad, although you may have to move to a different hotel or apartment.

Atol will also pay to have you brought home if the airline is no longer operating.

If you have holiday booked in the future you will also be refunded by the scheme.

If you have booked a flight-only deal you will need to apply to your travel insurance company or credit card and debit card provider to seek a refund.

When Monarch Airlines collapsed in 2017, the government organised to bring home all the stranded passengers, whether they were covered by Atol or not.

Here is more information on Atol protection and Your questions answered

So ATOL does cover it but those holiday makers still need a way home I guess.

they'll be needing it now after the collapse into administration has been confirmed. Stories of holiday makers being imprisoned in their hotels until they cough up extra money is pretty bad; hopefully not widespread. Job losses of course is never a good thing.

If the government lose today - can they bump it up to the European Court of Justice?

(joke, btw, they can't, I'd just apreciate the irony)

If the government lose today - can they bump it up to the European Court of Justice?
Hid something there ;)

It would be hilarious if they/could but yeah its a matter of UK constitutional law something the EU have no control over (although I'm sure leave voters think they do).

Unanimous that it IS judiciable (so England's court decision struck down)

Prorogation is NOT the same as recess

Decision to prorogue is UNlawful

Prorogation is declared null and void, it legally has not happened.
It's now up to the speaker's of each house where to go from here.

Last edited:
Unanimous that it IS judiciable (so England's court decision struck down)
Common sense there, checks and balances to make sure a PM can't abuse the power.

Boris loses again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts