• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Question for Munster fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Col

Hi,

Several friends & myself will be in Cork this weekend on a Stag-Doo, where would we be best to head (pub wise) to catch the 6N games? Several of the group are also West Bromwich Albion fans, and as their FA Cup match is being televised on BBC on Sunday would there be anywhere to watch that?

I have tried registering for Munsterfans.com to ask this question but alas.. something went wrong during the registration and I just keep getting HTML errors.

Col

I would imagine there are at least over a hundred pubs in Cork city alone so I doubt there'll be any problem getting to watch the rugby and the football.

But are all of the pubs friendly? It would be just our luck to walk into the wrong bar to be in, if you're a group of England fans.

But are all of the pubs friendly? It would be just our luck to walk into the wrong bar to be in, if you're a group of England fans.
[/b]

Well that would depend on the type of England fans you are, if you're of the loutish chavish variety then I doubt you'll be welcome in most places but if you're like most England rugby fans who come over here then you should be fine.

To be on the safe side though just ask at your B&B or your hotel or whereever you're staying what are the good pubs to go and watch the matches at.

An, on a imilar note: is it true Dublin will be dry on Good Friday? Im getting worried about the prospect of watching Glasgow play when im sober! :eek:

OK, thanks for the info.

We're certainly not chavy and the only time we'd make a noise is squeals/gasps of frustration as Balsahaw misses another catch... Actually, thinking about it... We probably won't make much noise at all.

An, on a similar note: is it true Dublin will be dry on Good Friday? Im getting worried about the prospect of watching Glasgow play when im sober! :eek:
[/b]

Yeah pubs and off-licenses are closed on Good Friday but it's still one of the biggest drinking days in the country, so if you're coming over on the Friday make sure you get some at the Airport or if you're getting a ferry then you can get some in the North.

OK, thanks for the info.

We're certainly not chavy and the only time we'd make a noise is squeals/gasps of frustration as Balsahaw misses another catch... Actually, thinking about it... We probably won't make much noise at all.
[/b]

Be thankful then he's on the bench, although I'm sure he'll get a nice cheer from the locals if he does make an appearance!

OK, thanks for the info.

[/b]

Well thanks to Ashton's rash decision to say the least, it'll certainly be a more stressful match than it should have been.

Hi,

Several friends & myself will be in Cork this weekend on a Stag-Doo, where would we be best to head (pub wise) to catch the 6N games? Several of the group are also West Bromwich Albion fans, and as their FA Cup match is being televised on BBC on Sunday would there be anywhere to watch that?

I have tried registering for Munsterfans.com to ask this question but alas.. something went wrong during the registration and I just keep getting HTML errors.

Col
[/b]

There's a good number here, I know I'm in late but any fans coming to Cork can use this info anyway.

Good sports bars in Cork, that I know of

In Douglas there's
O' Sullivans and Barry's

In Turners Cross there's
The Turners Cross Tavern and The Evergreen

In Cork City itself there's tons, but the best one is probably
Mulligans on Parnell Place.

PS. If you're going to Ireland for a rugby game next year and find yourself in Cork, Cork City play games on a Friday night and I'm not advertising now, but I can assure you a night in the Shed at a City match beats any other football in Ireland, and rivals the atmosphere of any ground in Europe, so give it a go and I can guarantee you'll enjoy it.

shefellover93

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts