• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A star is born: Malakai Fekitoa

first5eight

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Northland
One of the most naturally gifted rugby players I have ever seen. He is a little bit like Rupeni/Umaga/Nonu all wrapped into one player. He is only a young fella but he seems to have such a natural read on the game and skills and timing that are unteachable.

And he's Tongan ..... Don't forget he's Tongan I highly doubt he would get so much love if he wasn't in an ABs shirt but hey ho ! ;)

Also the kid is good but to compare his skill set to 3 legends is a bit eager imo ......

Hey lads, I have a news! A star is born:

14100601224082043.jpg

His name is Richard Hugh, he has 33 years, is a new player. Look at him carefully

And he's Tongan ..... Don't forget he's Tongan I highly doubt he would get so much love if he wasn't in an ABs shirt but hey ho ! ;)

Also the kid is good but to compare his skill set to 3 legends is a bit eager imo ......

And Tuilagi is Samoan, and the Vunipola brothers were born in NZ and Aus of Tongan parentage etc. So your point is..............

As for Fekitoa, he obviously can't be classed in the same bracket as Nonu or Umaga just yet. Nobody could after so few test starts. But he's good, no doubt about it. Put it this way, if he had decided on England as his destination he'd have ended their perennial debates about who to play at 12 out of a rather bad bunch!

And Tuilagi is Samoan, and the Vunipola brothers were born in NZ and Aus of Tongan parentage etc. So your point is..............

As for Fekitoa, he obviously can't be classed in the same bracket as Nonu or Umaga just yet. Nobody could after so few test starts. But he's good, no doubt about it. Put it this way, if he had decided on England as his destination he'd have ended their perennial debates about who to play at 12 out of a rather bad bunch!

Well someone has their knickers in a twist ;)

Well someone has their knickers in a twist ;)

Not me. Just don't see the relevance of pointing out that he emigrated from Tonga. It's not like other teams, England in particular, are not making use of Pacific Island players. The OP merely brought up the subject of how good he was or wasn't.
I've seen numerous debates on various rugby forums about the qualities, or lack thereof, of Tuilagi. I might comment on his qualities as a player, but don't post comments such as "you wouldn't even be having this debate if he'd stayed in Samoa". That's all I was commenting on.

Latest posts