• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Wii Problem

G

gjohn85

I recall hearing a lot of talk about XBOX 360 bugs and problems when it was released, and even talk of a recall, but it seems to be fine now.

If you manage to break your own TV with the Wii remote it's probably a sign that you should stop playing computer games and engage your brain. I'd advise him to read a book but he might get a paper cut.

I don't think any of these problems seem to be widespread though (highlighted by the quote from the Dead Wii story of "Only two emails have made their way into Kotaku central so far of dead Wii"). And it's the same for almost any new console that there will inevitably be some problems with the odd thing or two.

Nintendo usually put out quality hardware...and it's not like any of these problems are as widespread as, say, the original Xbox disc scratching problem.

I aint worrying bout this, cos I know Nintendo produce quality unlike sony who want quantity...

I think there will be a few suing Nintendo, especially the ones who smashed their TVs coz of the wiimote strap breaking off.

I think there will be a few suing Nintendo, especially the ones who smashed their TVs coz of the wiimote strap breaking off. [/b]

I bet you will find something in the manual a little disclaimer about it... saying you must be so far away from the TV and other things...

I think you're just too hellbent on rubbishing the Wii without resorting to retard tactics (ie its gt **** gr@fi>< lollllzzzzzzzzzz!!!11111one111!11eleventy000111)

Maybe people are trying to hard with the thing...

I have lots of friends in the states that have wii's and they have had no problem with their wii's. the strap is possibly a tad weak but you should have a good grip on the controller anyway. most the tv smashing etc is from people not holding on to the controller/remote properly. worst my friends have done is upper cut a ceiling fan.

the only other problem my friends have had isn't wii related but control related in red steele. the control method just sucks because you have to hold the remote at the screen the whole time and if you don't you just end up turning for no reason at all which sucks.

Just to note I didn't start this thread to make fun at the Wii, I wanted to make this thread to warn people what to look out for. Like I stated in the opening post, I stumbled across this news & I thought that people that have/going to get one to be careful.

The movements with the Wiimote don't need to be too exaggerated. I think people who do smash their TVs are being silly with it. I think.

Just to note I didn't start this thread to make fun at the Wii, I wanted to make this thread to warn people what to look out for. Like I stated in the opening post, I stumbled across this news & I thought that people that have/going to get one to be careful.
[/b]

these problems a very rare. I know someone that works for at a shop in the USA and he buys the wii's at retail of $250 and then sellls them on e-bay for $300+. there is huge demand for the wii and lots of places have supply shortages and therefore people are willing to pay extra to get one. if the wii had widespread hardware failures i doubt this would be the case. a lot of the smashed tvs are people being stupid and not the console's fault at all. the ps3 has had numerous problems and is not even out yet I don't think?

I agree Esoj. I'm probably wait a while before I get one. I want to my pass my driving test before I look for one, though at this rate, I will properly pass in 6 years time :)

I'm glad it is only $500 on release in NZ. Seems like a good thing for Christmas to get the kids :cheers:

I'm not worried, as it looks like too much of a fun console and if the problem was too critical and common then the shipment wouldnt be coming.

A 360 is first for me anyway.

Just been surfing the net & I stumbled across various websites mentioning the Nintendo Wii's problems.

To name a few;

* Wiimote Strap breaks off & smashes tv's

* Dead Wii's

* Awful with a HD LCD's (Even running at 480p) - In the 2nd post, I can only get the last pic up.

* Wiimotes not responding properly

* Read errors when inserting a game

* Wii dies after playing a game

It doesn't sound good for the Wii, which is due to ship to the UK on 8th December 06.
[/b]

Sounds like the gaming equivilent of England throwing away 4 days of total domination in the 2nd Test in the Ashes!

Still, it is early days, Nintendo will probabbly iron such faults.

A few months down the line they will make new consoles so they may end up tinkering with the hardware, etc.

ok i just got a wii a few hours ago and it is awesome. only have wii sports and zelda but lots of fun. played multiplayer against my brother in golf tennis and boxing.

Latest posts