International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Exeter
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11723446

Thoughts?
There seem to be 2 opinions here, one that it's Aaron's business and no one else's, and the other that he's let down the team and deserved his ban. To me, although it's not ideal, I don't particularly mind that he did some stuff in a plane. What I do have an issue with is that this was with a woman that isn't his partner, and has really lowered my opinion on Smith as a person. Whether that should deserve a ban or not, I don't know. Sounds like he wanted to go home anyway, presumably to sort stuff out with the Mrs.

He used a disabled toilet at an airport - not a cubicle on a plane.

Not the first time he's been caught slangin...

First reactions was what a lad.

Then you remember about his partner etc and then you hear it was a 5-10 min and not actually the mile high club but the toilets club (which TBH is not a very exclusive club and is a very dirty at that we'll still better than at a McDonald's ...... Never mind).

Although whilst it was off the field and not illegal I guess he was still on AB duty.

Bearing in mind the bad press Rugby has been getting in NZ recently (the Cheifs' stripper thing) and Smith's own history - I think they were right to do it.

Leaked his dick pics everywhere, got rejected on tinder in Scotland for being too short and now this.... I'm pretty sure he did something else too...

He breached team protocol. Can't go gallivanting like you please. There's a certain amount of principles to uphold.

Wasn't smith the player banned for a well for missing training due to playin. Pokemon Go.

Lol that Snapchat was brilliant I mean WTF was he thinking.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11723446

Thoughts?
There seem to be 2 opinions here, one that it's Aaron's business and no one else's, and the other that he's let down the team and deserved his ban. To me, although it's not ideal, I don't particularly mind that he did some stuff in a plane. What I do have an issue with is that this was with a woman that isn't his partner, and has really lowered my opinion on Smith as a person.

You won't have high opinions of a lot of pros then... Not the most faithful bunch from what I hear!

You won't have high opinions of a lot of pros then... Not the most faithful bunch from what I hear!

Nope they are not at all.

Even almight Goode has some "Rumours" about his time at Saracens.
And you have the Robinson v Farrell snr stuff
And so on and so forth.

silly, I wouldn't be surprised if he has done things like this before which haven't hit the media.

young people do silly crap sometimes and we just have to accept it but he has a history of it and this is taking things to a new level.
he's 27 and a senior all black, he was an on duty all black given he was at an airport in Squad uniform.

pretty stupid really.

Nope they are not at all.

Even almight Goode has some "Rumours" about his time at Saracens.
And you have the Robinson v Farrell snr stuff
And so on and so forth.

Yeah, rumours fly about Dublin and Galway! I'd love to sit on my high horse and judge them but god knows what any one would be like if they'd had girls throwing themselves at them since they were at least 16!

Yeah, rumours fly about Dublin and Galway! I'd love to sit on my high horse and judge them but god knows what any one would be like if they'd had girls throwing themselves at them since they were at least 16!

TBH you don't even have to be a sportsman to know that feeling TBH it just puts it into the extreme.

Honestly I can't get on a high horse on this one I have been on both sides of the fence, but I do draw the line when you are in a committed relationship though.

But yeh she it comes to sport it is best to just idolise their on field achievements. That is pretty much every sport. (Not saying all athletes cheat)

There's a lot of sanctimonious clap trap out there about this. Young male human in hormone overload shock.

But he was on duty in uniform so some sanction is appropriate. Bloke just sounds a bit of a prat really.

If he was in an ABs uniform then I guess he's on duty, so I can understand why they have given him a ban.

On the other hand, if he wasn't with the ABs then, although it sounds like he was cheating and being an idiot, it shouldn't really impact on the rugby. I wonder what his team feels about it.

I think we can take it as read at this point, that he doesn't think that much before doing things.

More likely, thinking with the little head instead of the big head!

However, the reaction has been somewhat over the top, and I'm a bit concerned aboutthe double standards here. Would the guy who reported him have done so if it was Fred Smith from Waikikmukau who he heard going off with some bird in the dunny? I seriously doubt it!

i really don't get why this is a big deal

the sex was consensual and there is no chance he would be suspended if the all blacks had already clinched the championships and they weren't 98% sure they would win this game

Smith can have sex with as many women in as many airplane toilets as he wants, but he'll still never be as good in the air as Rob Kearney.

Latest posts