Aasado brai or barbacue?

petite

Bench Player
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
Argentina
post photos of your Asado brai or bbq. recipes and advice
here`s what we call asador: an iron cross, the hole goat 25 kg , 5 to 6 hrs of wood fire,
patience and beer

540214_4060381548624_137392878_n.jpg

DF5D6423-1045-40DD-8E62-3616EDA0FF25.jpeg I am thinking more Kratos from God of War with a funny nose.

Ah, I found it. Will follow and get back to it.
read this article about SA braai;
https://theculturetrip.com/africa/s...hy-south-african-braais-are-better-than-bbqs/
it so similar to argentina´s asado in every aspect

I had a good laugh at this. Very true. The best braai's are whilst camping- the ones that start early but this had me in stitches:

There are very strict rules and a process
At most braais, there's only one "braaier"—normally the host—and backseat braaing is seriously frowned upon. Each braaier has certain methods and gadgets that they always use, and not allowing anyone to tell them otherwise may be an unspoken rule.

The one time I had 'beef' with my now father in law was around a braai. My father in law asked whether I would mind doing the braaiing for my now wife's 21st birthday. I said sure. I waited for low heat and put the steak on and chilled. My father in law was apparently pacing the hallway thinking I had 1) forgotten about the fire and 2) forgotten about the food once on the braai so he came out and took over. I have since learned that he likes a very active approach and hovers over the braai constantly turning. I put the meat on. Wait. Give a turn and then get it off and resting. So he felt I wasn't doing my duty and I felt he was undermining me. Neither of us said a word about it and kept the mild resentment until it came out at the next braai when I went along with them on a holiday and he made a snide remark and I put him in his place.

Last edited:
Ah, I found it. Will follow and get back to it.

I had a good laugh at this. Very true. The best braai's are whilst camping- the ones that start early but this had me in stitches:

The one time I had 'beef' with my now father in law was around a braai. My father in law asked whether I would mind doing the braaiing for my now wife's 21st birthday. I said sure. I waited for low heat and put the steak on and chilled. My father in law was apparently pacing the hallway thinking I had 1) forgotten about the fire and 2) forgotten about the food once on the braai so he came out and took over. I have since learned that he likes a very active approach and hovers over the braai constantly turning. I put the meat on. Wait. Give a turn and then get it off and resting. So he felt I wasn't doing my duty and I felt he was undermining me. Neither of us said a word about it and kept the mild resentment until it came out at the next braai when I went along with them on a holiday and he made a snide remark and I put him in his place.

jaj this is hilarious
and is just the same here! it is in fact some kind of offense to try to put your paws in sombody elses asado!!
i hate that when someone does it. i do it my way!! i accept no advice whatsoever. if you do it i wont intervine
have to say that when i see someone doing it wrong it kills me and i have to restrain myself. sometimes i take over ;)
for instance one time someone started to punch holes in my chorizos to "drain the fat" it was a scandal. cos you dont do that!! chorizos are to be left alone with the grease inside. the meat has to be cooked in that fat! in any case you ask the asador for a "butterfly" chorizo means that when ready you split it in the midle flip it over and cook it for a while for it to get crispy olso inside, this will drain the fat (wich is the best part and where the flavor sits!! but some people like it like that
here you can ask for red, well done and medium and is accepted.
we usually overcook for the european style they want it raw.
personaly i like it well done and extra jucy yes you can get both!!
hopefully my father in law doesnt do asado!
if you know your grill and your meat theres no need to go around the grill i barely touch it. my guide is the sound is all i need if its too loud means theres too much heat if its too low you wont get near
ive seen and semell lots of shitty firestarters at krugger. some people do use it here, for some like me its a sacrilege cos the smell of the kerosene will get to the meat. so i just use paper and a bit of alcohol!

Last edited:

Latest posts