Aboriginal Super League

Discussion in 'NRL / Southern Hemisphere' started by melon, Mar 3, 2007.

1. melon

melon Guest

</h3>
    From NRL.com

I read about this in the telegraph a few times and was extremely interested. It'll certainly something to keep and eye on.

It's a shame it had to come about this way though.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. woosaah

woosaah Guest

is it me or does this sound a bit racist?

4. Ripper

Ripper Guest

Only if you think a NZ Maori Union team is racist.

5. woosaah

woosaah Guest

only cause i am not eligable :)

6. ak47

ak47 Guest

its shocking

they are separating themselves from the majority

i dont like it at all

the only way to reconcile is to get on with things together

mundine has the knack for separating himself from the rest of australia

siding with the Sheik and not showing the aussie flag in a biff

They will only isolate themselves from societies trends

I accept a Aboriginal team, in one off tournies like sevens etc....a way for 2nd tier aborigines to show their stuff - but not an Aboriginal comp

Cause when they turn pro and have to play with whites, what next?

I hate racism........this will only emphasis it

7. well thats white australias problem isnt it?...

good on them if this makes them happy..about time they got some real money in their footy...i look at them like the pacific islanders..heaps and tons of flair and talent!

GO ABORIGINIES!!!

8. ak47

ak47 Guest

pffft

There is no white australia

we are all australians

if they got REAL FLAIR n TALENT - they wouldnt need this

Mal Meninga
    Chicka Ferguson
    Inglis
    Daley
    Widders
    Ella brothers
    Dale Shearer
    Blacklock

just to name a few...........the real problem lies within these regional areas - you cant be a proper athlete if your sniffing petrol and drinking beer for even 2hrs per day, let alone 6.

Trust me.........I went to school in Armidale with Dean Widders.......Duval High
    We made the qtr finals of the Commonwealth Bank Cup.
    We had a plathora of Koories playing in our team , and local schools
    The only ones that stayed disceplined was Dean Widders and Denis Moran - they made the NRL
    The others lost the plot at 17-21 yrs of age...........still living in the slums.
    I have witnessed this **** first hand
    Andrew Walkabout Walker..........did hid best to avoid the demons.
    Its all within oneself.........just like anybody else, you dont have to be white or black.
    Its the fact that the aborigines parents and ancestors feed them with hatred thoughts of whites, that they tend to go balistic moreso than others
    I do not know the nature of what happens with Maori's in NZ
    But I know the maoris here, seem to get thru the adolencent stage better than the Aborigines
    La Parouse is one of the most feared teams in the local east sydney NRL comp
    They have atleast 10 koories each year running on.........they dominate year in year out.
    Not many make it thru to the NRL.........its lies in discepline..........not racism.

I completely agree though..........they have the talent, by numbers n ratio......they are the most gifted sporting people in australia..........but you cant show off all the physical prowess without a lil bit of decent mentality!!!!

9. it still is the "other" australians problem...all i see over there is them getting treated like garbage and getting called names..everytime i go there..the form of abuse isnt foreign to me..it use to happen to pacific islanders and maori's...

BUT...THAT WAS IN THE FREAKIN 70'S!...

my point is..its gonna take some time for that dust to settle...

i hope things do change!..for real

10. melon

melon Guest

The only reason this competition is being formed is because a number of teams were ejected from their normal comps because of terrible behavior.

I know alot of aboriginals who are great people! It's just that when some of the more unsavory of them get together in groups they wreak havoc...its really unfortunate.

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

There was some German guy named Adolph Hisler (sorry...can't quite recall the last name...maybe some help on that) who had some similar ideas. He had plans to seperate all the white people from everyone else. Anyone know how that worked out? I doubt he was trying to start a rugby league competition, though.

12. I think I recall hearing that it didn't go as well as they'd hoped....there was some unpleasantness if I remember rightly.

13. melon

melon Guest

I think I recall hearing that it didn't go as well as they'd hoped....there was some unpleasantness if I remember rightly.
    [/b][/quote]

There is one major difference between the cases.

In the case of the aboriginals and their super league, they are seperating on their own accord, whereas in the case of the jews, they were forced

14. Hmm....I'm not sure but I think our esteemed American colleague was being tongue-in-cheek. I possibly could be wrong though.

15. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

I think I recall hearing that it didn't go as well as they'd hoped....there was some unpleasantness if I remember rightly.
    [/b][/quote]

There is one major difference between the cases.

In the case of the aboriginals and their super league, they are seperating on their own accord, whereas in the case of the jews, they were forced
    [/b][/quote]
    Yes, but the Aryans went on their own accord. You're looking at it from the wrong perspective.

And, as RBS noted, I was being a tad tounge-in-cheek.

16. Ripper

Ripper Guest

According to League Fans Hitler tried to wipe out Rugby League in France, which is their explanation for why 60 years later no one plays it.

17. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

and the plot thickens...

18. melon

melon Guest

Bomp bomp bommmmm

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!