International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
Last edited:
It could be worse, it had to happen and I don't think its that bad really

From a non new-zealander perspective, It really doesn't look that bad...

The 7's jersey looks a lot worse than the 15's one. It really looks sleek and stylish...

But hey, If Smartcooky and TRF_Nickdnz says it's bad, then I'm in the wrong here, and I humbly apologise...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/7806894/All-Blacks-jerseys-shorts-get-AIG-logo

I dont actually have a big problem with a sponser...i just wish we could get one that didn't look so cheap, they seem to think that taking the frame off the logo makes it look less intrusive...i think it just looks like a training kit wth the players initials on it.....not overly happy

just another reeason i will be wearing this when support Nz teams

View attachment 1964

Oh my foook :O i don't like the current jersey, but it looks liek i need to but it cuz this one is worse!!!

NIKE??? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

i bought myself n AB hooded top the other day R700 i love it!!!

i still prefer the 2003 jersey, mine was stolen :( maybe i need to order 1 from NZ :? mmmmm.... need to check the AB website out... before they don't have anymore

I'm convinced this is just the softening up job, the thin end of the wedge.

Gradually, year by year, the sponsor logo will creep bigger and bigger; you see if it doesn't!

Take out the box around AIG and it wouldn't be that bad tbh it's weird seeing a AB's jersey with a sponsor however.

Take out the box around AIG and it wouldn't be that bad tbh it's weird seeing a AB's jersey with a sponsor however.

No box on the AB jersey; only on Sevens, NZ Maori, NZ "A", Black ferns and U20's

ViewMedia
613x.jpg

Last edited:
aig have never been the best sponsors to put on a shirt, it just look like it doesn't quite fit with the shirt,

anyway who ever who doesn't like the shirt with the new sponsor probably get the old one which will probably be cheaper when this goes on sale

aig have never been the best sponsors to put on a shirt, it just look like it doesn't quite fit with the shirt,

anyway who ever who doesn't like the shirt with the new sponsor probably get the old one which will probably be cheaper when this goes on sale

Nothing that a bit of black duct tape won't fix.

What's up with the font? Is that the company's new house style or is it just for the All Blacks jersey? The original AIG font would have looked much better I think.

aig_978471c.jpg

As I say, if you're going to do it they should do it properly, not this weird half logo that doesn't mean anything

The thing is I think most New Zealanders realize that in professional sport, sponsorship is a reality. But I don't think that the American International Group is a good choice of sponsor. With the massive bail out and executive bonus payouts, multipile fraud claims which has cost AIG over a billion dollars and AIG's short term relationship with Manchester United, I don't think they were a tasteful choice of sponsor, even if it is apparently according to the NZRU, the second biggest sponsorship deal in world rugby - behind adidas. The jersey also looks poor in my opinion.

The thing is I think most New Zealanders realize that in professional sport, sponsorship is a reality. But I don't think that the American International Group is a good choice of sponsor. With the massive bail out and executive bonus payouts, multipile fraud claims which has cost AIG over a billion dollars and AIG's short term relationship with Manchester United, I don't think they were a tasteful choice of sponsor, even if it is apparently according to the NZRU, the second biggest sponsorship deal in world rugby - behind adidas. The jersey also looks poor in my opinion.

OK, I accept that there is the Adidas logo there, but they ARE the manufacturer of the jersey after all. I could have accepted it if they had run the AIG logo around the outside of the sleeve, or on the back above the number, but to me, the front-centre of the All Black jersey is sacrosanct; Steve Tew and the NZRU have cheapened the All Black jersey in my eyes. Now its just like any other international jersey.

Nothing that a bit of black duct tape won't fix.

Can't they use black stitching for the sponsors logo :? on real close up you will be able to see it :? but it wont interfere with the image + everyone would anyways know AIG is on the shirt and they are the sponsors... win win for everyone...

Latest posts