• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Acl Brace allowed?

bob2326

Academy Player
Currently recovering from a torn acl and looking to start playing again. Still would like the comfort of knee brace while playing but looking for one that would be allowed while playing. What are the rules for knee braces and is there any way I can make my metal one legal?

Currently recovering from a torn acl and looking to start playing again. Still would like the comfort of knee brace while playing but looking for one that would be allowed while playing. What are the rules for knee braces and is there any way I can make my metal one legal?
im going guess the rules will potentially be different depending on where in the world you are so you're best to contact you competition organisers

I know we in Melbourne cant even wear compression leggings over past the knee

I'm going through ACL/MLS/LCL recover at the moment too, did mine in preseason this year. I know my physio would tell you if you need a brace you shouldn't be playing, your rehab should get you back to full strength

I understand the mental aspect though, ive only just stopped wearing the compression bandage, and so i would suggest strapping it rather than a brace, should be no issues with that

Latest posts