• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Adam Kleeberger sings with London Scottish

LittleGuy

First XV
Country Flag
Canada
Adam Kleeberger the cult Canadian player from the RWC has signed a deal with London Scottish of the RFU Championship that extends to the end of the 2011-2012 season.

Here is a link to the Canadian Rugby Unions article.

http://http://www.rugbycanada.ca/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientID=3817&leagueID=0&page=57932

My thoughts are that this is a great oppourtunity for Adam, he'll be playing against some decent competition(also a lot of other Canadians) and it's great to see many of the Canadian RWC players getting a look. I'm surpised this didn't happen earlier but I think there were some lingering injury issues with that ferocious collison that occured in the final Pool A match vs New Zealand.

Yaaaaassss!

Nifty ground Richmond have got there, am looking forward to seeing Adam...

HiZ bEARd iIzz goOon!?! WHy??? Would've liked to have seen it in the flesh. :(

Good signing for Scottish, wonder where he will fit in with my very limited viewing opportunities suggesting that their loose-forwards/ locks consist of the best players in the team, as well as the captain. Inside centre beckons :D

Good for him - Will get to play a lot of rugby, and could well be picked up by a Prem/Pro12/Top14 side off of the back of this

This brings the number of Canadians in the RFU Championship to nine

Bedford Blues: James Pritchard(Captain), Mark Kohler
Plymouth Albion: Aaron Carpenter, Tyler Hotson, Sean-Micheal Stephen(Captain)
London Scottish: Adam Kleeberger
Esher: Jamie Mackenzie, Phil Mackenzie
Cornish Pirates: Matt Evans

I'm really suprised that it took this long for somebody to give Kleeberger a look and I'm even more suprised that it was only a RFU Championship team. It must be passport issues or something because Kleeberger had a way better WC than O'Toole (Ospreys) and Sinclair (Irish) and remained unsigned. Like Olyy said, hopefully it acts as a springboard for a top tier contract because Kleeberger showed he's good enough.

Hopefully somebody snatches up Buydens soon too.

I'm really suprised that it took this long for somebody to give Kleeberger a look and I'm even more suprised that it was only a RFU Championship team. It must be passport issues or something because Kleeberger had a way better WC than O'Toole (Ospreys) and Sinclair (Irish) and remained unsigned. Like Olyy said, hopefully it acts as a springboard for a top tier contract because Kleeberger showed he's good enough.

maybe it was an injury issue, i thought i heard he picked up a knock at the RWC, that was why he missed some 7's work.

I'm hoping Buydens gets picked up as well, some of our backs without overseas contracts can at least keep busy with 7's, as White, Hirayama, Hearn and others are doing, but our forwards only have the BC Premier League in winter along with CRC and other leagues in summer. I wonder if a D2 club in France is looking for another lumberjack, Jason Marshall is starting to fit in well in his club in France.

Great to see him playing as a professional again. He´ll be off to a better team for next season, I am sure.

Biarritz nearly signed him but opted not to go for extra players in the early season. It has been seriously disastrous for the club who are bottom of the Top 14 and need not only to win but for others to lose. Toulouse fixed its World Cup loss of players by fielding medical jokers like Alberto Vernet Basualdo and Eusebio Guiñazú. Biarritz thought of doing the same but decided not to.

http://www.rugbyworldcup-argentina2.../12/kleeberger-signs-for-london-scottish.html

http://www.rugby-transferts.com/top-14/biarritz/0014051-un-canuck-au-biarritz-olympique.html

Latest posts