• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Adjusting Player Ratings to Tweak Gameplay Experience

Angry Panda

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
New Zealand
I've just had a thought and wondered if anyone has tested adjusting the player ratings in the game to compensate for the AI to make the game more realistic.

From what I have seen and experienced with this game the AI issues are:

- On Hard Mode the AI kicks with amazing power and accuracy. (From Inside their 22 to my 5m line).

Suggested tweak for this would be to decrease kicking ratings for players to make things more realistic.

- The gaps in the midfield tend to open when running sideways.

Suggested tweak for this would be to increase midfield players speed, acceleration and tackling ratings.

- Players breaking multiple tackles

Suggested tweak for this would be to decrease player strenght.

Any other thoughts on this ?

Right here's my feedback from adjusting around with player ratings.

- AI Kicking Issue - This really made a difference to the gameplay. Was really positive, my personal preference which I belive to be most representitive of real life is that Elite Kickers should get ratings no greater than 75 and Good Kickers should receive a rating no greater than 70 and Average Kickers and below should get a rating of 65 and below. This really made kicking for both the human and AI more realistic.

- Midfield Gap issue - This made an improvement although not as significnat as I thought it would. I increased the speed and tackling attributes of Centres by about 15 - 20 points and when on attack it is significantly more difficult to break the midfield. However the flip side to this is that when the CPU is on attack their midfield is amazing because of the stat increases. I found the changes in these attributes needs more fine tuning. I reckon that a 5 - 10 increase may be the best balance that you can get, or you could decrease your midfield's Speed, Agility & Acceleration by 5 - 10 if you want as it has a similar effect.

- AI breaking tackles - This improved significantly ... Decreasing Strenght as well as Increasing tackling ratings has made this so much better. Far more realistic. As a side note I found that by Impoving every player's Tackling rating by 5 - 15 made a real difference to the game. It played slower because of the lack of breaks and more like real life.

I will have a play around with other ratings and see what impact they have on gameplay and feedback. Any thoughts from you guys would be appreicated to see what other annoyances with the game that could be potentially be fixed by editing stats.

I tried the sliders and it made so little difference I'm not even sure if they work. Anyway bored of this game already. Can't wait for RC!

Reduced Smit from 90 - 89 (**** defence and slow) and Dan Carter only had approx 73% kicking ratio in this years Super Rugby compo so reduced his place kicking to 90!

put everyone in the games defence attribute up...lessen the bunching a bit...or you can just get RC.

I want to try and find a way of making the chip kick actually useful vs AI, as i find they are never caught out, even you time it perfectly, you always get tackled. In online, it's a truly brilliant addition.

Also i find particular kickers are just far too overated. They need stats dropping pronto. Like Contepomi. He can kick from his 5m to my 5m line, and did this consistently 6 or 7 times, and as a result, the games was very exciting, but making up 80m, 6 times in 6 attacks was just a bit too frustrating!

I want to try and find a way of making the chip kick actually useful vs AI, as i find they are never caught out, even you time it perfectly, you always get tackled. In online, it's a truly brilliant addition.

Also i find particular kickers are just far too overated. They need stats dropping pronto. Like Contepomi. He can kick from his 5m to my 5m line, and did this consistently 6 or 7 times, and as a result, the games was very exciting, but making up 80m, 6 times in 6 attacks was just a bit too frustrating!

Good point with the chip kick only seems to results in tries when I use it against other people. Scored one where I was Ireland and my mate was Tonga, I kicked off to start the game, caught it was Tommy Bowe chipped his full back and score :D epic! Have you tried chipping at an angle for one of your wingers to chase, has worked once or twice for me against the AI.

Latest posts