Admins/mods, you gots it all wrong!

Discussion in 'Site News & Suggestions' started by Nidhogg, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

So I'm reading this thread about England vs. France, and I post a reply to a french member about how the French team will win anyway, regardless of Poitrenaud playing or not playing.

A moderator/admin comes along, and deletes my post (From this I assume that small posts/remarks in non-english are not allowed)

But then I see my nationality is changed from Afghani to French. Because I speak french? Some people who aren't french can speak french you know, it's called edumacation: :ph34r:

[​IMG]

I'm not really Afghani either, but that's another story :rolleyes:

PS: All of the above in good humour, I actually thought it was a pretty smart conclusion to make.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Laetca

Laetca Guest

If your post was only a few words long, then it was probably regarded as Spam. A lot of people that are new just spam away to get ten posts. So all shorter posts are read more careful by mods.

4. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

I was over the 20 post barrier anyway. I get the delete, it's the nationality change I find funny :p

5. It's not usual policy to change any profile information unless it is regarded as being offensive. If someone did tamper with the information then I have no idea why.

Perhaps if someone did they could say why they did it. Otherwise it could simply be down to a bug in the system or a mistaken button press at either your end or ours.

6. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

Well, it was set to Afghani, and then it became French... after I posted in french :p Quite a coincidence, no?

I'm grossly offended, me, French? In all seriousness, I really don't care what my nationality is set to.

7. This needs to be checked out obviously. It's the first time I have ever heard of it and if it's a system error then the system is too damn clever whilst at the same time being rather dumb!

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

T'was me that changed it actually, I was fed up of every thread I looked in having that bloody Afghan flag on each post.

Dunno who did the pruning though.

9. Nidhogg

Nidhogg Guest

lol, you like Saudi Arabia better?

10. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

I deleted the post, if you want to post on the match in French there's a topic in the international forum.

11. Mystery solved!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!