• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Advice on playing at a higher level

Joe_R_10

Academy Player
Country Flag
Cayman Islands
I saw a question on here the other week similar and lots of people responded with detailed answers so I thought I'd do the same.

I turn 19 in a couple of days time, 5 foot 9 in height on a good day and 81 kilos. I've played scrum half, fly half, inside centre and full back at one point of another and really want to cement one spot in the team.

My strengths are my passing game which I work hard at, I have decent footwork without necessarily being 'quick' and I can kick well but I'm probably more one footed than I should be. Defence I can be hit and miss really and the same goes when I hit rucks etc. I like organising and getting the team around the field which I would say is my main strength as a player.

It's obviously really hard to say I know but I'm going to be joining a new team in a few weeks and I want to try and nail down one or two positions rather than floating around. Which spot sounds better for me in order to play at a higher level?

Thank you

Looking at that i would say 9/10 would be your areas to focus.

I mean you would do better prob focusing @ 9 but there are quite a few 9 esp in France who are good at playing both 9 and 10.

IMO given your size and your strengths and weaknesses i would concentrate on 9 personally.

Latest posts