• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

AG.admits got Farrell tackle call wrong.

duncanb

Bench Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
Refreshing to see a Ref admit a mistake.
Personally I made shed loads when reffing for the weeds in the community.
However they made more mistakes than me and only 3 men and a dog watching all of which were drunk.
Source sky ports.

Tbh if A.G is admitting his mistake then Jaco Peyper should definitely admit his.

What bothers me about AG's admission of guilt is the explanation. He says the tackle was never high.

Owen "Shoulder Boy" Farrell will from now on only be penalised if he tackles above the eye.

The Farells Arms has now opened in Twickenham, serving Welsh bitter and a selection of whines from Australia and South Africa made from the finest sour grapes

eUO2heF.gif

Make mine a whiskey smash

What bothers me about AG's admission of guilt is the explanation. He says the tackle was never high.

Owen "Shoulder Boy" Farrell will from now on only be penalised if he tackles above the eye.

I still think the initial point of contact was in the chest below the throat with esterhuizen leaning forwards making it look worse. However it was leading with the shoulder and he made no real attempt to wrap his arms.

While a great player, he does seem to be on a bit of a mission to put in shoulder led hits lately. Not sure if he's trying to be a crowd pleaser or live up to Daddy. If he carries on like this then it's a matter of time before one goes badly wrong and he catches someone on the head like SBW did against the Lions.

I'm happy A.G. has said this as it stops the nonsense people were saying about citing officer. I also kinda wish he hadn't because it creates more nonsence.

On High Tackle having looked at the laws intial point of contact has no bearing on whether it classified as such. If a tackle goes above the shoulder line it high regardless.

shoulder led hits lately.s.
This is not new he took out Watson 9 minutes into the 2015 Premiership final.

Yes I'm still bitter we lost a key backline player, had to play with it compromised for the rest of the game, Farrell merely got a penalty (citing commisioner said it was a YC offence but that doesn't help anyone after the game).

He will lose a team a match someday.

I'm happy A.G. has said this as it stops the nonsense people were saying about citing officer. I also kinda wish he hadn't because it creates more nonsence.

On High Tackle having looked at the laws intial point of contact has no bearing on whether it classified as such. If a tackle goes above the shoulder line it high regardless.

True. Farrell should have been tackling properly regardless.

Nah that's just them learning to scream gibberish to scare their opponents just before they tackle.

Especially when they're playing the English, who sometimes struggle with the concept of people speaking languages other than English. ;)

Did he say why he changed his mind?
What new available footage did he, the TMO and the AR got their hands on that made the obvious even more obvious.

Legend has it AG was signing commemorative copies of Hemingway's "A Farewell to Arms" not long after the game ended.

Some fancy drinks in pubs across the Irish sea... Over here we only get GOAT's milk.

I'm happy Gardiner said this. Every ref is graded on their games so they'll know what they got right and wrong. I wish their reports were made public though, even if not immediately.

Real question about this article how did Gardiner win a ref of the year award?

Latest posts