Aironi.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Ulster.png

Stadio Luigi Zaffanella
Viadana, Italy
Sat Jan 22 2011
at 14:30 (local)​

ulster's strongest team should be out they'll need a big win

really need a 1/4 final of some description for amount of effort we have put in to hcup and how we have sacraficed a few team selections in the magners

really hoping for a big win

Win big and we're through. Thanks to Glasgow, our destiny is back in our own hands. Win big and pray for the Biarritz slip up that propels us through as group winners.

Imagine we'll see the same Ulster XV save for Brady and Fitzpatrick in for Best and Botha, Kyriacou and Cronin onto the bench. Would prefer to see Seymour or McCrea on the bench than McIlwaine. A little back-row rotation if Diack is fit.

Lets do this.

Ulster shouldn't worry about getting a bonus point. Secure the win before chasing a possible 5th point. Just getting into the quarter final for the first time in more than a decade will be a good achievement.

The biggest game of the weekend from an Irish perspective. Ulster should secure four pints, but taking anything for granted at this stage would be extremely negligent. Get the win, then chase the bonus point.

Not implying for a moment we should go for tries only (particularly as any win will do) but it would be nice to go out with a bang and to try and sneak ahead of Biarritz and I do think this Ulster team can do that.

so what's the deal with advancing for Ulster? what would a BP do for them?

Win and Ulster are through. They can top the pool if :
1.They win and Biarritz lose or draw.
2.They get a bonus point victory and Biarritz don't.
3. They draw and Biarritz lose.

Fair dues to Ulster, but I can't see them getting past the next round.

No.8 was great. Humphries always interesting to watch - can he step up to international level?

i love big i humph but it would to risky i reckon to put at international he could et caps in summer tours or possibly off the bench but i dont think he will ever come close to irelands starting flyhalf

Breakout! Stand up for the Ulstermen!

Didn't see it all, was watching the Ravens, but iHumph need to display great consistency to be an international player.

Great win for Ulster and a great pool stage campaign. Whether they go further in the competition is unlikely but none the less making this stage is great and they are definitely a team for the future. Plus all four Irish provinces won this weekend and they all won with a try bonus point so it was a good round for Irish rugby. BRING ON THE SIX NATIONS.

After seeing Hayes and Buckley get turned inside out by a 20-odd year old Saxons player, I concurr :p

Well there's hardly anything new there. Hopefully Mike Ross will start for Lein-Ireland in the 6N.