• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ali goes home

R

Ripper

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4697891a10295.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Ali Williams' stint with the Crusaders is over. The All Blacks lock will today confirm that he will return to his home city of Auckland and represent the Blues in next year's Super 14 championship.

Williams left the Auckland-based franchise after six seasons because of a fall-out with coach David Nucifora, transferring to Tasman in late 2007 so he could be selected by the Crusaders for their 2008 campaign.

He appeared in all 15 matches starting 13 and played a key role in the franchise winning the Super 14 ***le. Williams' defection means he will snap the partnership he built with fellow All Blacks lock Brad Thorn at the Crusaders.

With Robbie Deans having left to coach the Wallabies and close friend Dan Carter not available for next year's Super 14 because he will play for French club Perpignan instead, there were always doubts as to whether Williams would return to play under new coach Todd Blackadder.

Although Williams' return to the Blues will leave a big hole in the Crusaders roster, it means Wellington's Ross Filipo will return for another season.

Filipo, who missed most of this season because of injury, was understood to be wavering about whether to return to the Crusaders as he contemplated sitting on the bench as back-up to All Blacks Williams and Thorn.

It is now likely Canterbury's Isaac Ross, who was drafted to the Highlanders this season, will return to the Crusaders.

Michael Paterson will also provide back-up at lock.

While Nucifora has since moved to Sydney to take up a high performance coaching role with the Australian Rugby Union, Williams will still have some bridges to mend with Blues chief executive Andy Dalton, who was critical of his off-field behaviour after he was sent home before the 2007 Super 14 semi-final against the Sharks.

However, Williams is understood to have a good relationship with new coach Pat Lam, whom he played under at Auckland.

Yesterday a spokesman for the Blues confirmed Dalton was in negotiations with Williams and his agent David Jones, and an announcement was expected within the next 24 hours.[/b]

P.S. f*** Nucifora

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Sep 18 2008, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What about the All Blacks career?[/b]

Yeah he's just moving from one New Zealand Club to another, so his All Black career wwill never be affected by this, nor his original transfer.

Yes he managed to gapped it from Tasman! lol The Blues still lack a decent 1st 5 and other experienced guys but this makes it a little better s'pose

Pretty good news for the Blues, Roko back from an injury an a keyplayer back in the squad, pity for the Crusaders.

I don't think they will manage to win the cup again next season.

I think it Means: Watch Out The Blues!!!!!

exclamation.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Sep 26 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
yes please explain that one and the nessecity of the giant picture[/b]

Cause Blues is becoming stronger and stronger, so watch out Blues are coming!

Understand?

see my picture suffers mates very much, still do not understand why

Blues are still weak.

They are desperate for a 1st five.
I wonder if they'll pick up a 1st five from the Auckland Academy or stick wit Toeava.

Gopperth is kaka.

Pick Holwell!! lol he's got the experience and has controlled one of the most lethal backline in rugby history (imo) when he played for the 'Canes so he can do it i tells yah lol

Latest posts