Ali Williams out for another 12 months.

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by Nickdnz, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/arti...ms-match-season

Damn! What a sad thing for Williams, especially considering he all most a shoe in for the RWC, he'll now likely lose his spot to either Isaac Ross or Tom Donnely.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Tomsey

Tomsey Guest

poor bloke. that will make it about 30 months of rehab and 3 preseasons for about 7 games by the time he gets back on the pitch next year. that is the opposite of good

4. Really feel for the guy. What a hard road to travel to get back to where he was, then he simply got punted back to the start. So unfortunate, he's a class player

5. William18

William18 Guest

It's good that we have quite a bit of depth in the locks with Donnely playing very well on the end of season tour and Chris Jack coming back. I feel bad for Ali Williams it must just be devastating.

6. Nickdnz

Nickdnz Guest

Yeah, I'd have chosen him, Jack and Thorn to take to the RWC, and maybe Ross as well.

7. Flux

Flux Guest

I feel really sorry for him. If stuff like this continues it could even result in an early retirement. I don't think Ali is the kind of guy to give up like that, however.

8. RC

RC Guest

Wow, that's a huge blow.
    How old is Williams now? Does he have much time left in his international career? It feels like he's been around for ages.

9. I think he's 29 ? Still got a few years in the tank probably. Sucks for NZ though, he's a class athlete

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!