• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black eligibility rules changed

E

esoj

Just saw this on tvnz. Players will be able to go overseas miss the super 14 and come straight back into the abs on their return to nz. supposedly on a case by case basis probably so guys like carter can go overseas for a year make some cash then come back to nz and slot straight back into the abs. v

look for the below on the tvnz.co.nz site. it's video but I think overseas people can view it. it's currently the top sports story so should be easy to find.

NZRU relax eligibility rules (1:28)
In the face of mass player exodus the NZRU has relaxed the All Black eligibility rules, but as ONE Sport reporter Andrew Saville explains it will be a case by case basis...

Meh, won't have THAT much effect. Do they have to sign a contract first? Otherwise they could keep going back and forth :p

might as well pick overseas player? lol

I think its a lame attempt to try get let the players play overseas and still remain eligable for the ABs.. the poor ******** lol

But surely they could've thought something better than that!!

Yep, they have to still have their name on the NZRFU payroll before playing, it just mean's they don't have to actually play Super 14/NPC before becoming eligible again. So it mean's if a player comes off his European Contract at the end of June and resigns with the NZRFU he can slot straight into the Tri Nations whereas before he would have to play in the NPC and wait for the end of year tour.

Like with Carter and his supposed one year deal.

they still have to work that out since the players can't have contracts with two national unions. I guess they would add in a built-in release clause for when they leave nz and have something also built-in for when they return so that they can play for the all blacks.

they still have to work that out since the players can't have contracts with two national unions. I guess they would add in a built-in release clause for when they leave nz and have something also built-in for when they return so that they can play for the all blacks. [/b]

You don't have to be contracted to the FFR to play in France, only to the LNR (the organism that builds the Top14). I don't know about other countries though. The FFR doesn't have any contract with players I think.

Latest posts