• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black wife basher?

So has S.T done it again because it was him who did it a year or two ago.
[/b]
Yeah as that's why Some TuiCherBro went (was shipped out) to the Chiefs for Super 14, along with Mils* "hands in the tills", so goes the rumours...

* his gf apparently

yeah he lives no where near chch :p
[/b]
http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3794903a11,00.html
Rugby international bailed on domestic violence charges
12 September 2006

Domestic violence charges against a rugby international were adjourned when a status hearing was not ready to proceed in the Christchurch District Court today.

The player appeared before Judge Brian Callaghan who remanded him on bail for a new hearing on September 25.

Sponsored Links
Prepare for an earthquakeThe man denies the charges of assaulting a woman, possession of an offensive weapon, and threatening to kill.

He was granted temporary name suppression when the case was called on August 21, but has sought to extend that suppression by lodging an appeal in the High Court.

That appeal hearing is scheduled to be heard on Thursday. [/b]

Sam Tuitupo? Casey Laulala? who?

Somone from Christchurch must go sit outside the court room on September 25.

Good point. Geez, I'm dying to know who it is. It's probably some Western Samoan guy who played one test in 1992. Someone we've never really heard of.

Rugby player on assault charge named
15 September 2006
By DEAN CALCOTT

A former international rugby player has lost his bid to keep his name confidential on domestic assault-related charges.

Interim name suppression for former Crusaders player Afato So'oalo was yesterday revoked by Justice Panckhurst in the High Court in Christchurch.

Sponsored Links
Prepare for an earthquakeSo'oalo, 32, denies charges of male assaults female, threatening to kill, and possessing a weapon.

A former player for Manu Samoa, he played most recently at a club level in France before returning to Christchurch to play at senior club level. So'oalo had been denied continued suppression by a District Court judge. Lawyer Leuatea Iosefa sought its continuation because of So'oalo's high profile, and argued that publication of his name could jeopardise current negotiations over an overseas playing contract.

For the Crown, Prosecutor Zannah Johnston said the principle of open justice and the media's ability to report were important factors.

The charges were only allegations at this stage, and the complainant did not support name suppression. If So'oalo was acquitted, he could be vindicated by the case being publicised, Johnston said.

The judge said there could be no special rules because of public prominence â€" it was not enough on its own to justify continued suppression â€" and agreed with Johnston there was a principle in favour of open reporting. Everyone should be treated equally before the law, he said.

AdvertisementAdvertisementIt had not been shown publication would affect So'oalo's contract negotiations. The District Court judge was correct to refuse suppression, so it followed the appeal should be dismissed, the judge said.

[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3797259a11,00.html

man, i didnt know he was back. him and joe maddack got me so plastered one night at a drinking game (drinking game meaning had to drink when their name was read out) that i passed out before full time...

maddack scored five tries that game... 3 in the first half...

anyway he was one of my fav players, like an energizer bunny, he never gave up. pretty sad actually

He's not the kind that I would associate with a crash/bash game-style. He obviously plays a lot different at home.

Good point. Geez, I'm dying to know who it is. It's probably some Western Samoan guy who played one test in 1992. Someone we've never really heard of.
[/b]
Wasn't too far off the mark really...

I knew it! hehe. Oh well... I was kinda hoping for a big scandal. Too bad.
I have heard of him, but being a Saffa, not that much.

Definately surprising that it was the little man.

More importantly though, what happened to Joe Maddock? He was the man.

Latest posts