Kiwiwomble

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Otago
resigned with All Blacks and Highlanders through to 2023

good start, pretty much written off going overseas, he'll be 34-35 when next off contract, also has some guys on his tale as may not even be first choice come 2023

some interesting issues with Falou Fakatava behind him at the Landers...not sure he'll want to hang around

1614659555823.png

good start, pretty much written off going overseas, he'll be 34-35 when next off contract, also has some guys on his tale as may not even be first choice come 2023

Don't know about first choice but just keep him away from any disabled toilets.

So how do Kiwi posters feel about 2021? Didn't realise BB's in Japan this year so does that mean he won't be featuring at FB for ABs this year? Mo'unga to cement the number 10 position.

JB to fb or Mackenzie and maybe Will Jordan to right wing?

Then there's the midfield to sort out. Not convinced with Goodhall and ALB combo. Too similar. Lacking a 12 unless Laumape is on the radar again?

Backrow - Frizell/Akira, Cane and Ardie again. Would like to see Sotutu given more chances at 8.

Locks seem nailed down with SB, Whitelock and Tuipolotu off the bench. Brodie back yet?

Props? Laulala and Moody. Although Moody will be what 35 come next RWC. Any loosehead props ready to replace him?

Hooker seems well covered with Coles, Taylor and Aumua.

Don't know about first choice but just keep him away from any disabled toilets.
do we still make that joke...it was 6 years ago and he has a wife and a kid now

So how do Kiwi posters feel about 2021? Didn't realise BB's in Japan this year so does that mean he won't be featuring at FB for ABs this year? Mo'unga to cement the number 10 position.

JB to fb or Mackenzie and maybe Will Jordan to right wing?

Then there's the midfield to sort out. Not convinced with Goodhall and ALB combo. Too similar. Lacking a 12 unless Laumape is on the radar again?

Backrow - Frizell/Akira, Cane and Ardie again. Would like to see Sotutu given more chances at 8.

Locks seem nailed down with SB, Whitelock and Tuipolotu off the bench. Brodie back yet?

Props? Laulala and Moody. Although Moody will be what 35 come next RWC. Any loosehead props ready to replace him?

Hooker seems well covered with Coles, Taylor and Aumua.
youve summed it up pretty nicely, little point in having world class outside backs if your midfield cant get the ball wide so thats the first thing i think we need to sort. The Canes supporters i talk too dont seem to think Laumape is on good form, Ioane has some moments of brilliance...but i struggle to like him, he's just so agro....i just dont know what the answer is

Akira has to be given the first few games at 6, he stepped u at the end of last year and needs to be given the chance to settle, every time i hear people describe Savea he is the perfect supersub, i would bench him and start cane and sotutu but also have MMT in the squad as a straight sotutu replacement

Scott Barrett has done very little in the black jersey to justify being there, we have some young guys coming through (PPP, Vaai et al) and one of them at least should be in the running

Last edited:
MMT and PPP are new to me. Not seen much of the Highlanders play.

Pari Pari Parkinson and Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, im obviously a bit bias but both have shown a lot of promise

PPP is a big ass lock, 130kg last i heard, just coming back from injury this week

MMT is a similar to sotutu in my mind, a good solid ball running 8, not savea running mind, not gas a winger and run 50 m, more of a run hard, earn the line break and offload kind of deal

the stats from last season tell a story

METRES
724: Will Jordan
489: Damian McKenzie
443: Jona Nareki
400: Sean Wainui
384: Sevu Reece
380: Richie Mo'unga, Mitch Hunt
378: Ngani Laumape
351: Marino Mikaele-Tu'u
348: Caleb Clarke

CARRIES
99: Damian McKenzie
95: Pita Gus Sowakula
94: Marino Mikaele Tu'u
88: Will Jordan
83: Jordie Barrett
76: Richie Mo'unga
75: Ngani Laumape
74: Shannon Frizell
72: Sio Tomkinson, Anton Lienert-Brown, Sean Wainui

CLEAN BREAKS
15: Will Jordan
13: Ngani Laumape
12: Sevu Reece, Jona Nareki, Sean Wainui
11: Richie Mo'unga, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u
10: Caleb Clarke, Vince Aso, Aaron Smith

OFF LOADS
11: Marino Miakele-Tu'u
9: Will Jordan, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Sevu Reece, Richie Mo'unga
8: Jack Goodhue, Jona Nareki, Josh Ioane

I see ABs have Italy this June. A good time for them to experiment and give these new guys a chance.

For me they have to find a way to play Will Jordan in the run on side. My prediction 3 years ago while he was playing for the Mako's that he'll be the starting fullback for the AB's at the 2023 World Cup (as long as he stays injury free) and I stand by that prediction. He's a younger version of a Ben Smith with a bit more speed but he can create something out of nothing.

For me they have to find a way to play Will Jordan in the run on side. My prediction 3 years ago while he was playing for the Mako's that he'll be the starting fullback for the AB's at the 2023 World Cup (as long as he stays injury free) and I stand by that prediction. He's a younger version of a Ben Smith with a bit more speed but he can create something out of nothing.
Buy Jordie is on fire at the moment, I think Jordan needs to concentrate on 14 until the next RWC

Who's going to be New Zealand's full back assuming Mounga stays at 10? Jordie, Beauden, Mackenzie and Jordan is just an absolutely outrageous crop to pick from.

Who's going to be New Zealand's full back assuming Mounga stays at 10? Jordie, Beauden, Mackenzie and Jordan is just an absolutely outrageous crop to pick from.

Stinks how much talent they have back at 15. My money would be on Jordie keeping the jersey warm for his brother.

Stinks how much talent they have back at 15. My money would be on Jordie keeping the jersey warm for his brother.
Yeah it's mad. All 4 of them walk into any northern hemisphere side at 15.

I think I'd go Jordie too but there's isn't much in it. Jordan might play on the wing I suppose.

jordie hopefully with DMac on the bench, he has become such a clutch player

BB might actually struggle, his stink in japan might really play against him, just because he hasn't been compared directly to any of the others

Latest posts