• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 2021-2023 Thread

Army vs Navy has been added before the USA Eagles vs All Blacks match on October 23. :cool: Two for the price of one!

1632411930261.png

I think the 2005 all black team was better than the 2015 team.

Pretty much the same 2005 team (minus Tana Umaga) that was found wanting in the 2007 RWC? Superb at home v the Lions, no doubt, but lacked the winning in different ways when playing away and put under real pressure.

Nah, the 2015 RWC team was better than 2005 IMO. Small margins. But Winning test semi v SA when behind when they couldn't turn it around v France in the QF. Plus, going on to win the final was the real differences between the two. DC also not injured and learnt from his mistakes in 2007 to drop goal in the crucial moments.

Umm, yeah that's surprising. Time will tell if they've accurately seen something special. At the moment it seems a bit weird

...yeah, im going to need some context to that
Apart from at the world cup we've played them once in the last 7 years. I don't really know how fixtures get organized, but seems like someone doesn't want theses matches to be happening

And there would be so much interest from NZ if we had one on this tour.

Last edited:
Apart from at the world cup we've played them once in the last 7 years. I don't really know how fixtures get organized, but seems like someone doesn't want theses matches to be happening

And there would be so much interest from NZ if we had one on this tour.
Your union needs todirectly negotiate with the unions you want to play against. If there is no matches you know where the problem lies. Maybe a lack of desire.

For the Springboks we don't play the French very often, I am ok with that as the French are too eccentric for my taste when it comes to negotiations.

Your union needs todirectly negotiate with the unions you want to play against. If there is no matches you know where the problem lies. Maybe a lack of desire.

For the Springboks we don't play the French very often, I am ok with that as the French are too eccentric for my taste when it comes to negotiations.
I wonder if it's NZ or f it's england, or they can't agree who gets the money, or ?

The RFU would get the bulk of the money if it's held at Twickenham and they'd have to have to reciprocate with a summer tour of NZ, where NZ would keep the bulk of the cash from the 3 tests. Thought that is how it works.

i know there was a discussion a few years ago where NZR were trying to get a more even split so i dont know if thats part of the problem?

Sounds likely. I guess it's a tough deal because the viewers would be english but nzr will claim the viewers are there because the all blacks are playing.

Sounds likely. I guess it's a tough deal because the viewers would be english but nzr will claim the viewers are there because the all blacks are playing.
That's my understanding. Trying to strong arm the RFU into a deal that sees NZR get more money doesn't work the same way as it does with other unions because the RFU don't struggle to sell out Twickenham against tier one opposition, so given the choice between playing someone else on a standard deal and giving NZR a larger share, the RFU are better off playing someone else.

That said, there was a match scheduled for last year. Given how far in advance international fixtures are planned, it wasn't feasible to simply move that fixture back to this year.

Typical procrastinating from the NZRU - haven't heard anything about the Foster review ? ...the NZRU need to grow a pair & get rid of him asap, so a bloke like Robertson can replace him, the next head coach needs as much time as possible to prepare for the 2023 RWC in France, starting in Sept.

Typical procrastinating from the NZRU - haven't heard anything about the Foster review ? ...the NZRU need to grow a pair & get rid of him asap, so a bloke like Robertson can replace him, the next head coach needs as much time as possible to prepare for the 2023 RWC in France, starting in Sept.
What review? They extended his contract not long ago

Heard they were going to review him after the UK tour... so they still have the option of paying him out of his contract.

It would be a new level of incompetence to renew him just before the tour and then review just after

It would be a new level of incompetence to renew him just before the tour and then review just after
We all know this current NZRU board is pretty incompetent, so it's hardly a surprise they have dug such a big hole for themselves - they didn't have a choice but review Foster after the UK Tour, not only did we lose our last two tests, but we were bloody appalling in both of them, lack of direction & tactics etc, the latter clearly a huge concern... Foster would have to be the worst ABs coach I have ever seen.

Latest posts