• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Black's 22 for first Tri-nations test

D

darwin_23

The first tri-nations test for the year is in just under two weeks between New Zealand and South Africa in Wellington. The AB's have a number of injuries with McCaw, Leonard and Rococoko definitely unavailable, and Afoa and Williams are doubtful...

Who do people think will be in the team? I reckon the team will be something along the lines of:

Woodcock
Afoa
Thorn
Williams
Thomson
So'ioalo
Kaino
Ellis
Carter
Nonu
Kahui
Sivivatu
Tuitavake
Muliana

Reserves:
Tialata
Mealamu
Boric
Lauaki
Cowan
Donald
MacDonald

If Afoa is still injured Sommerville goes straight into the starting lineup. If Williams is still injured Boric starts and Tom Donnelly comes onto the bench. Would prefer to see Masoe on the bench (if he comes in to cover for McCaw) but I think they will stick with Lauaki. Conrad Smith and MacDonald would be the unlucky players, as I don't see a lot of difference between MacDonald and Muliana, and Kahui and Smith at this stage...

Woodcock
Afoa
Williams / Boric
Thorn
Thomson
So'ioalo
Kaino

Cowan
Carter
Sivivatu
Nonners
Kauhi
Tuitavakie
Mils

Tialata
Mealamu
Lauaki (McCaws injury and his solid performance off the bench saved his bacon... for now)
Boric / Eaton
Ellis
Panadol
Donald (Rather just take a punt on Kirpatrick, Renata or Ripia)

People will harp on about Smith's experience, but his experience against Tri Nations teams consists of 8 minutes off the bench against the D-Grade Springbok team last year with the game already won.

Obviously the locking combo depends on Ali's injury, I heard two weeks so he should hopefully be fit.

Woodcock
Afoa / Sommerville
Williams / Boric
Thorn
Thomson
So'ioalo
Kaino

Ellis
Carter
Wulf
Nonu
Kahui
Sivivatu
Macdonald

Sommerville / Tialata
Mealamu
Boric / Eaton
Lauaki
Cowan
Donald
Muliaina

I don't think they'll chance the squad much at all. I think after this game they'll revert back to having Smith, Tuitavake and Muliaina in the backs. I think they won't to see how Kahui and Nonu go against a better team before testing Smith and Nonu. I think after the second test against the Boks the selectors will decide on either Kahui/Smith for a bit. To think, they could almost have no personell changes this week!

BTW, shouldn't this be in the Nat. Rugby section?

Gotta say Woodcock and Afoa look very destructive together. I'd definitely field them if Mujati and/or Beast plays *sigh*.

Woodcock
Somerville
Boric
Thorn
Thompson
So'oialo
Kaino/Lauaki

Ellis
Carter

Sivivatu
Nonu
Kahui
Tuitavake
McDonald

Mealamu
Tialata
Eaton??
Lauaki/Kaino
Cowan
Donald
Muliana

Would really like to see Smith in the run on line up but the performance from Kahui last week will likely see a change be made despite the fact Smith was one of the best in the previous two matches. I believe it will change after this week depending on the performance of Kahui.

I just wonder if any of the NH supporters even care about the 3N's and what a great spectacle it is or the fantastic standard of rugby it produces. I mean we all know the great atmosphere and pulling power of the 6Ns, but this 3n's is shaping up to be the most competitive of recent years and could produce some of the worlds best rugby in the last wee while.

I hope it gets the interest it deserves!

<div class='quotemain'> Gotta say Woodcock and Afoa look very destructive together. I'd definitely field them if Mujati and/or Beast plays *sigh*. [/b]

Why the sigh Steve-o?
[/b][/quote]
Because I want us to beat the AB in NZ, and I don't believe they are the right props to do that.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Gotta say Woodcock and Afoa look very destructive together. I'd definitely field them if Mujati and/or Beast plays *sigh*. [/b]

Why the sigh Steve-o?
[/b][/quote]
Because I want us to beat the AB in NZ, and I don't believe they are the right props to do that.
[/b][/quote]

http://www.supersport.co.za/rugby/article....e&id=259003

Well, PDV appears to be going for the "keep the opposition guessing" approach. PDV believes if he doesnt know what the **** is going on with his selections, the All Blacks don't stand a chance in hell of knowing whats going on

Latest posts