• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 42 v Wales 9 FT. Saturday 19 June 2010 - Dunedin.

Dull I think Biggar might bring some running attacking options of himself more than Jones. Biggar for me is more mobile something that Jones is not. Maybe start Biggar and if worst come to the worst put Jones off the bench there.

Totally agree!! Been saying this for ages, Wales don't look like scoring, its a moment of brillance from Shane all the time!! Maybe its the players outside him, but Wales just don't ever seem to look like scoring a try to me.

Probably can go back as far as the AI's in 2008, we just don't look like scoring, we can't play a tight game well either.

Missing Gavs creative skills at 12.

Last edited:
agree with Ozzay, since henson has been out , our attacks have been awfull save the odd flash from Hook or williams. The point being roberts is not a natural 12 , he just does not have the hands or rugby brain for that place , Hook does due to being able to play at 10. I do not rate Howley as a backs coach full stop , i think to be a backs coach you should have played at 10,12 or 15.

agree with Ozzay, since henson has been out , our attacks have been awfull save the odd flash from Hook or williams. The point being roberts is not a natural 12 , he just does not have the hands or rugby brain for that place , Hook does due to being able to play at 10. I do not rate Howley as a backs coach full stop , i think to be a backs coach you should have played at 10,12 or 15.

Think Howley is a good coach, you only have to look at how good the Lions back function in South Africa. I certainly disagree with having to play at either 10 / 12 /15 to be a backs coach.

well it seems the cardiff blues got better behind the scrum after he left, and i don`t think the way the backs played for lions was down to howley myself, but more down to quality of team selection , in some games backs were awfull with ball hardly ever going out to wings.
Just for curiosity who would you say are leading backs coaches? i allways rated Paul turner of the dragons a natural 10.

i think roberts is a great 12..just need to have someone outside him looking for the offload at all times ...o driscoll and co were very nippy for the lions and spotted and exposed the gaps he created they used roberts strong point and it worked brilliantly and there is little a team can do to stop that style of play except draw in more numbers to defend him thus leaving mores space out wide for that wizard williams to play with

good points, though i do believe due to watching england use`ing worsley to chop him down, there seemed to be no answer. with the lions , Bod who is a good outside centre but who has more polished allround skills used roberts inside and outside of him, Roberts for all his strength needs to be put onto soft passes so he does so at pace to power through defence, or once he breaks the defence and commits tacklers offload.

Roberts didn't stand a chance against a mid field combo of Conrad Smith and Benson Stanely. Smith never misses a tackle and Stanley adds the exclimation mark (it's his work offencivly which needs work). Now that Kahui will be playing centre, since Conrad Smith is out, the defence won't be quite as strong.

Roberts didn't stand a chance against a mid field combo of Conrad Smith and Benson Stanely. Smith never misses a tackle and Stanley adds the exclimation mark (it's his work offencivly which needs work). Now that Kahui will be playing centre, since Conrad Smith is out, the defence won't be quite as strong.
I still think Kahui's a strong defensive presence. Maybe not quite the organisational levels of Conrad, but I think he's a good tackler, and is just as strong, if not stronger, hitter than Stanley and Conrad.

I still think Kahui's a strong defensive presence. Maybe not quite the organisational levels of Conrad, but I think he's a good tackler, and is just as strong, if not stronger, hitter than Stanley and Conrad.

Not stronger hitter than Stanley, maybe Conrad. Stanley was a beast hitter for the Blues this season. Kahui does have some silky running which is nice, and he obviously has plenty of speed.

Latest posts