• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 42 v Wales 9 FT. Saturday 19 June 2010 - Dunedin.

I've been looking forward to seeing Harries pull on the red jersy for some time, actually. He's been running in tries for fun ever since he became first choice for the Dragons. However, Prydie played too well to be dropped and we can't throw two wingers with only one or two caps in V the All Blacks. Harries should start if a member of the backline has a mare. Biggar should not start this game, although if it's a heavy loss, I'd consider him next week. He just about coped with Samoa, (The intercept caused him to go nuts and lose his head) so how he's going to go against a near full-strength All Blacks side could be a problem if something simular to the interception happens again. However, if Stephen doesn't play very well, then he'd have to be in. I would have considered Tovey.

I'd pick-

Yapp, M Rees, A Jones, AW Jones, B Davies, J Thomas, G Thomas, R Jones, M Philips, S Jones, Prydie, Roberts, Bishop, Halfpenny, Byrne.

Subs: Owens, James, Gough, McCusker, R Rees, D Biggar, J Davies.

well i think wales will keep it tight for a while , but there is too much physicality in the A/Bs for wales. 33-12
As for My remarks about Macaw, yes i think he is the biggest cheat out there , do i think martyn williams cheats ? yes he does , same as all 7`s do , but Macaw is so obvious but yet gets pinged the least.
Classic example was england all blacks 08/09 when england had 3 players carded , macaw was pinged numerous times in match no cards, and the last one with 3 minutes left was rediculous, he had gone over the top at a ruck and was pulled behind and away from english side of ruck, instead of moving away he waited watching on one knee as the ball came out the back of ruck he picked it up and passed to his players , completely from offside , it was so stupid people laughed inc ref who penalised him , and told to get back on side, england were being slaughtered and were in their own 22 when that happens.
Other point i wish to make there is a difference between getting a bloody good shoeing and someone stamping on their head , i do not advocate that at all , unlike certain NZ players. Bring back longer studs and allow bodies to be raked, then we will see how often he cheats.

well i think wales will keep it tight for a while , but there is too much physicality in the A/Bs for wales. 33-12
As for My remarks about Macaw, yes i think he is the biggest cheat out there , do i think martyn williams cheats ? yes he does , same as all 7`s do , but Macaw is so obvious but yet gets pinged the least.
Classic example was england all blacks 08/09 when england had 3 players carded , macaw was pinged numerous times in match no cards, and the last one with 3 minutes left was rediculous, he had gone over the top at a ruck and was pulled behind and away from english side of ruck, instead of moving away he waited watching on one knee as the ball came out the back of ruck he picked it up and passed to his players , completely from offside , it was so stupid people laughed inc ref who penalised him , and told to get back on side, england were being slaughtered and were in their own 22 when that happens.
Other point i wish to make there is a difference between getting a bloody good shoeing and someone stamping on their head , i do not advocate that at all , unlike certain NZ players. Bring back longer studs and allow bodies to be raked, then we will see how often he cheats.

Richie hardly ever gets pinged, why? because he is smart and plays around the referee. Sure, you can see him doing what he does best while sitting on you're lazy-boy eating Cheeto's an drinking milk, but the ref doesn't watch McCaw(not Macaw) constantly.
You speak of him like he is the biggest "cheater" in the world, when in reality he is regarded as one of the best 7's of this era.
I'm not trying to stroke the peen or anything, I just think you're opinion about his way of play is so retarded, my 8 year old nephew has a greater rugby IQ than you.

Oh look its more "McCaw is a cheat and deserves it" vs "No he doesn't"

can-of-worms.jpg

my arguement is he cheats a lot, same as most 7`s do , but i believe and most posters do as well that he gets away with murder on the field , which is where the unfairness comes in , the yellow card was brought in specifically to combat persistent technical infringements like slowing ball down , coming in at sides and off feet. Not as a get out clause for not giving Red cards for violent play as some refs do.
Stop the cheats and the game will prosper, since rucking has been stopped cheats are having a whale of a time.
One question , did Macaw deserve a yellow card leading upto heaslip getting sent off ? simple yes or no ?

lets make it easier , maybe you did not watch game , ireland attack to within a meter of try line, Macaw enters from side of ruck then falls over on top of ruck with hands in trying to grab ball slowing game down.
He did it against blues for crusaders and paid a heavy price , you would think he would learn after ali williams did far worse than heaslip !
watch for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpnIenTjXUU

Look at it this way chaps, for all you'll deny it if McCaw played for your country you'd love him. End of.

Oh look its more "McCaw is a cheat and deserves it" vs "No he doesn't"[/IMG]

I'm not debating with him at all, considered that he said in another thread that McCaw deserved what he got from Heaslip, he obviously knows nothing about the game, therefore i will let him be.

my arguement is he cheats a lot, same as most 7`s do , but i believe and most posters do as well that he gets away with murder on the field , which is where the unfairness comes in , the yellow card was brought in specifically to combat persistent technical infringements like slowing ball down , coming in at sides and off feet. Not as a get out clause for not giving Red cards for violent play as some refs do.
Stop the cheats and the game will prosper, since rucking has been stopped cheats are having a whale of a time.
One question , did Macaw deserve a yellow card leading upto heaslip getting sent off ? simple yes or no ?
lets make it easier , maybe you did not watch game , ireland attack to within a meter of try line, Macaw enters from side of ruck then falls over on top of ruck with hands in trying to grab ball slowing game down.
He did it against blues for crusaders and paid a heavy price , you would think he would learn after ali williams did far worse than heaslip !
watch for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpnIenTjXUU

jakey.jpg

a2926156-219-Facepalm%20jesus-facepalm-facepalm.jpg

Gents please stop this McCaw debate, it will upset some members and to be honest it will be Wales job on Saturday to make sure they look after the ball to stop the AZ back row from stealing any type of ball. If you want to debate McCaw go and open another thread but not in this one please. To be honest lads drop it because at the end of the day you can't really debate it.

@ Jake Heke - Mate use a different picture, seen it before lol and learn to edit your posts please.

Last edited:
Gents please stop this McCaw debate, it will upset some members and to be honest it will be Wales job on Saturday to make sure they look after the ball to stop the AZ back row from stealing any type of ball. If you want to debate McCaw go and open another thread but not in this one please. To be honest lads drop it because at the end of the day you can't really debate it.

@ Jake Heke - Mate use a different picture, seen it before lol and learn to edit your posts please.

Don't worry, It never was a debate, I wouldn't dare waste my time.

An lol I've used the pic twice, an both times on the same person, but i will bring some different Jake The Muss pawn pics next time.

So back on topic my Welsh 22 (Well thinking like Gatland)

1. Paul James
  2. Matthew Rees
  3. Adam Jones
  4. Alun Wyn-Jones
  5. Bradley Davies
  6. Jon Thomas
  7. Gavin Thomas
  8. Ryan Jones (c)
  9. Mike Phillips
  10. Stephen Jones
  11. Tom Prydie
  12. Jaime Roberts
  13. Andrew Bishop
  14. Lee Halfpenny
  15. Lee Byrne
  16. John Yapp
  17. Huw Bennett
  18. Deiniol Jones
  19. Rob McCusker
  20. Richie Rees
  21. Dan Biggar
  22. Will Harries

1). You were justifying Heaslip's knees to the head of McCaw, as fair play.
2). You then attack "certain NZ players"

Mate, your a tosspot. Such an idiot. I'd like to see some evidence of points you make, other than uninformed opinions. If this is the game you're talking about - http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/teamsheet.asp?MT_ID=2166
I don't seem to remember McCaw getting penalised even once. The fact that I'm sure you have only watched maybe three games with McCaw, does nothing for your idea that he cheats (anymore than anyother #7). Your stupid comment towards "NZ Players" is just lame and offensive, especially considering there are no more dangerous acts from NZ players than any other players in the world (probably less, I don't recall any AB eye gouging or kneeing during an international).

1). You were justifying Heaslip's knees to the head of McCaw, as fair play.
2). You then attack "certain NZ players"

Mate, your a tosspot. Such an idiot. I'd like to see some evidence of points you make, other than uninformed opinions. If this is the game you're talking about - http://stats.allblacks.com/asp/teamsheet.asp?MT_ID=2166
I don't seem to remember McCaw getting penalised even once. The fact that I'm sure you have only watched maybe three games with McCaw, does nothing for your idea that he cheats (anymore than anyother #7). Your stupid comment towards "NZ Players" is just lame and offensive, especially considering there are no more dangerous acts from NZ players than any other players in the world (probably less, I don't recall any AB eye gouging or kneeing during an international).

Nick, please leave it now. Your post is very much justified as from everything I've seen you don't start trouble, but much like me, you find it hard to sit there and let rubbish like that be said. All I can say is that it seems that the issue is finally being treated as something to be moderated from now on. So, please just report or PM someone about anything that falls into that category and I'm sure someone will do something about it now.

I agree that we need issues that need to promote people posting, but there are a handful of "below the belt or "unprovable accusations" that can be made about players, teams or countries that will be removable.

I think that'll be a really fair middle ground for everyone.

Nick, please leave it now. Your post is very much justified as from everything I've seen you don't start trouble, but much like me, you find it hard to sit there and let rubbish like that be said. All I can say is that it seems that the issue is finally being treated as something to be moderated from now on. So, please just report or PM someone about anything that falls into that category and I'm sure someone will do something about it now.

I agree that we need issues that need to promote people posting, but there are a handful of "below the belt or "unprovable accusations" that can be made about players, teams or countries that will be removable.

I think that'll be a really fair middle ground for everyone.
Sure thing, I hate name calling, but it just gets to the point of, what's the point in arguing.

Cheers and I'll try and do better in the future.

DELETED .

Answer: Because Grewcock is a thug and everyone knows it. Personally my advice to you is stop digging.

Back on topic, the Welsh team has been named.

Leigh Byrne (Ospreys); Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues), Andrew Bishop (Ospreys), Jamie Roberts (Blues), Tom Prydie (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Ospreys); Paul James (Ospreys), Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Blues), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys), Gavin Thomas (Newport Gwent Dragons), Ryan Jones (capt).

Replacements: Huw Bennett (Ospreys), John Yapp (Blues), Deiniol Jones (Blues), Rob McCusker (Scarlets), Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets).

Pretty close to what everyone has predicted. I really want to see the Knoyle - Biggar combo take the field, its always great to see young guns step up.

Bargoedboy has continued to bring the negativity to the thread, so the last post he has put up has been deleted.

No nation has the proven "biggest cheat in the world" by a big or small margin.

Sure thing, I hate name calling, but it just gets to the point of, what's the point in arguing.

Cheers and I'll try and do better in the future.

Your doing more than fine. You've showed plenty of restraint in your responses. It has been going on so long that it just needed to be stopped.

For the record people bringing an argument that states any player is "the worst cheat in the world" is bound to offend people from that nation. We're not keen on promoting that kind of offence. Unless the IRB comes out with official statistics on the players with the most infringements and they also decide to use the word cheat in naming those players, I can't see that changing.

There are so many more aspects to focus on going into the upcoming game, let's focus on them, the attack of the backs, who's going to defend better, who'll last out the match fitness-wise, which players should be on the field as opposed to who is there? How many tries will be scored and which teams will get them? Which goal kicker will land the better percentage? Any old thing but this same old story?

Bargoedboy has continued to bring the negativity to the thread, so the last post he has put up has been deleted.

No nation has the proven "biggest cheat in the world" by a big or small margin.
Yeah, because we all know the French are! (Waits for 90% of the board to agree...)

Joking btw - real hard to convey that without a ':snicker:' smiley.

Latest posts