• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks 42 v Wales 9 FT. Saturday 19 June 2010 - Dunedin.

Interesting. I thought it would've been Dagg.

If that's true, then it really must be his acceleration/burst that he's lost as opposed to top end speed.

Not true. It's pointless if it's off-topic and destructive.

It's just the same as any of us saying "hey, does anyone like cookies? Because I bloody hate them". I could say that, but it would be friggin pointless and serves no purpose to the thread.

Actually Rokocoko is fastest over 40m. I love the avatar btw.

Ah that '03 world cup game was class... I only faintly remember it (which is odd considering I remember most of RWC '99 quite well), I remember my mum refusing to watch it as she expected a one sided pasting, but my dad phoned her from work and told her to turn it on :p (wooooooo the old smileys are back :D). I gotta say, I miss Charvis :( what a class player he was.
Oh and all I have to say about a certain Shane '3rd string scrum half' Williams is ''WHAT A STEP! How about that?!'' ;) We're gonna miss him big time tomorrow :(

Anywhoo, if Wales play like they did in that game and give the All Blacks a run for their money, I'd be a happy man. Even if we concede 50 I'll be happy so long as we run 2 or 3 nice tries in. We're more than capable of doing that surely?
Dunno if I'll get up for this one though, I have my first big gig with my band in Cardiff Barfly :p so I shall be shattered no doubt.

And admartian...how do you sleep at night you horrible Cookie hater :mad:?!

Last edited:
i ain`t gigged in cardiff for years , probably since early 80`s, all my gigs when i lived in bargoed was west wales , yet all my gigs are local now in westcountry. last time i brought band home to wales was Abercan rfc late 80`s just about got out alive.
Lets hope better for wales tomorrow and hope Pryddie is good enough not to worry if shane is out !

Ah that '03 world cup game was class... I only faintly remember it (which is odd considering I remember most of RWC '99 quite well), I remember my mum refusing to watch it as she expected a one sided pasting, but my dad phoned her from work and told her to turn it on :p (wooooooo the old smileys are back :D). I gotta say, I miss Charvis :( what a class player he was.
Oh and all I have to say about a certain Shane '3rd string scrum half' Williams is ''WHAT A STEP! How about that?!'' ;) We're gonna miss him big time tomorrow :(

Anywhoo, if Wales play like they did in that game and give the All Blacks a run for their money, I'd be a happy man. Even if we concede 50 I'll be happy so long as we run 2 or 3 nice tries in. We're more than capable of doing that surely?
Dunno if I'll get up for this one though, I have my first big gig with my band in Cardiff Barfly :p so I shall be shattered no doubt.

And admartian...how do you sleep at night you horrible Cookie hater :mad:?!

Yeah I remember not wanting to watch it because I thought we'd be humiliated. I was half way up the stairs when I heard Rokocoko go over for the first try and for some reason I came back down to watch. And the rest is history :p When we went 34-31 up I think I was in LaLa Land.
Good luck with your gig tonight pal! If I'd been in Cardiff I'd have come down to check it out but I decided to head back to see the rents for the night. Oh well, sure it'll be a godd'un!

Ok boys, this is really boring now. No matter who thinks who's right let's just drop it ey?

I'm not fond of deleting posts for the hell of it, but it really makes the people responsible realise that they're better off putting effort into something else. So, I'll just do that riiiiiiiight now.

Let's get it back on track.

I reckon Wales tight 5 will front up, but our average-at-best back row will be a key weakness. Our impotent backs will again be shown up, and all I can hope for is Andrew Bishop to tackle the hell out of Conrad Smith; Roberts and Nonu will just bosh against each other for 80 minutes.

As I said previously, New Zealand 42-16 Wales.

Let's get it back on track.

I reckon Wales tight 5 will front up, but our average-at-best back row will be a key weakness. Our impotent backs will again be shown up, and all I can hope for is Andrew Bishop to tackle the hell out of Conrad Smith; Roberts and Nonu will just bosh against each other for 80 minutes.

As I said previously, New Zealand 42-16 Wales.

I reckon that score is a little too harsh on Wales, something more like 32-17 for me. Even then I believe that if Wales have a good day it could be a very tight game with more like a 5-8pt margin.

I reckon that score is a little too harsh on Wales, something more like 32-17 for me. Even then I believe that if Wales have a good day it could be a very tight game with more like a 5-8pt margin.
I'd bite your hand off for that kind of score.

i hope we don't turn up with the mindset that we can't win and we are going to lose before the match has even kicked off. Got to be positive and have a bit of belief. i hope all of our players perform, Gavin Thomas in particular as he has had a brilliant season at the Parade and been classy for the Dragons all season so fully deserved his call-up, the Scarlets lost a real gem there. A bit disappointed that Jason Tovey didn't get his chance to show what he could do against arguably the best side in the world as I think he has been better than Biggar throughout the season imo so at least deserved a place in the squad as he preovides cover at fullback aswell

I would have taken Tovey over Biggar as well. I think Biggar will be a really good player, but he is also a ********, and I think on balance Tovey has played better than him. I'd like to maybe see him move to the Blues in the next couple of seasons to bring his game on further.

Cyril don't agree with him leaving us for the Blues. I think he is a better player than Biggar and not just that but he isn't over confident or cocky(whichever one you want to call it, I'd say cocky) like Biggar which is always a good thing. I think he will do just fine here at the Dragons who are showing improvement and will develop just fine here. Biggar is a good player and I'm sure in the future both Tovey and Biggar will be contesting the 10 spot for Wales after Stevie Jones decides to hang up his boots (hopefully not for a long while yet though).

Yeah I guess I'm just reiterating a belief I had a year ago, when I thought he'd rot away and not develop if he stayed at the Dragons. But you are really coming on, so maybe he'll be fine... Apart from the fact that Gatland hates you guys! :p

lol I think Gatland really does hate us! I'm glad its not just us Dragon's fans not being paranoid! But I think of all the welsh regions the Dragons is probably the best for Tovey in terms of development because we like to give young, welsh talent a chance. You only have to look at the likes of Wayne Evans (who I think may have made some of the previous Welsh squads if not for injury), Ashley Smith (I rate him very highly and would love to see him at international level) both the Brew brothers (though one is no longer with us) , Richard Fussel (just left for the Ospreys), Martin Roberts (another unlucky player who I believe would have been on the plane to New Zealand if not for that horrendous injury at the end of the season), Will Harries (been outstanding this season), Hugh Gustaffson (another exciting and very good player imo), we have also signed brothers Hugo and Arthur Ellis who play in the backrow and at hooker respectively and both have aspirations to play for Wales, Joe Bearman (qualifies through residency and imo would be brilliant for Wales but almightily unlucky that injury has ruled him out of being called up), Luke Charteris (really grown up and has started to show his quality for both club and country), Dan Lydiate, Lewis Evans, Toby Faletau (looks promising at 8) aswell as several other experienced Welsh players like Shaun Connor, Rob Sidoli (still rate him, hes also had a good season) and Matthew Watkins who is starting to find the form that got him playing in the centre for Wales a few years back. So my point is that the Dragons is probably the best region in terms of giving opportunities to welsh talent young and older. Don't quote me on this but I think we have the least amount of foreign players and possibly the most welsh players, though I'm not 100% sure as the Ospreys do make up most of the welsh squad

Totally agree with you BargoedBoy, though I hope and certainly don't want him leaving for any other club. Would like to see him coach Wales one day but certainly not for a long time yet as I believe he is pivotal if the Dragon's are going to try and step it up and compete in Europe and the Magners League.

Latest posts