• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks coach Hansen to leave after the 2019 RWC.

Schmidt has already turned it down hasn't he?

Edit: Just read he turned down an assistant coach role.

As you say, he'll waltz into this now

Can RFU give him a bung to stay at Ireland for the Lions? And maybe provide some financial incentives for them to hire Gatland instead....

Or better yet we hire Schmidt....

Schmidt has said he's taking a break from coaching after the world cup

Schmidt didn't say he'll take a break he said he was finished with coaching. I don't think that's true but I'd be surprised if he takes this role because he always tells some version of the truth.

So it's Hansen, Rassie and Schmidt that will vacate their position after the RWC so far.

My guess is the next one will be Cheika, and depending on how England goes, maybe EJ.

It's going to be interesting to see who will be appointed in their places.

I read somewhere the Schmidt is going to take time off after RWC, to help with his son?

I read somewhere the Schmidt is going to take time off after RWC, to help with his son?

That's my recollection. Unless his son has suffered a miracle recovery from his chronic condition, Schmidt would be making a mockery of his previous statement by taking any position any time soon.

So it's Hansen, Rassie and Schmidt that will vacate their position after the RWC so far.

My guess is the next one will be Cheika, and depending on how England goes, maybe EJ.

It's going to be interesting to see who will be appointed in their places.

Plus Gatland. I think Brunel (age) and O'Shea will be lucky to see in 2020. Pretty much Townsend & Ledesma are the only Tier 1 coaches looking like still being here in 12 months time. No wonder guys like Dave Rennie are only signing 12 month contracts, there could be a lot of opportunities out there for good club coaches.

Tier2 is even better. Romania have got in on the act early by parting ways with Lievremont after just two games.

Latest posts