• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks halfback named to start for Waikato

S

Sw1fty

Rising All Black star Brendon Leonard will get the chance to put his test experience to use when he starts at halfback for Waikato in Thursday night's Air New Zealand Cup opener against Manawatu in Palmerston North.

More...

WAIKATO: Jared Payne, Sosene Anesi, Dwayne Sweeney, Roimata Hansell-Pune, Roy Kinikinilau, Stephen Donald, Brendon Leonard; Liam Messam, Marty Holah, Steven Bates, Toby Lynn, Jono Gibbes, Nathan White, Tom Willis (capt), Craig West. Reserves: Vern Kamo, Aled de Malmanche, Mark Burman, Steven Setephano, William Ripia, Jackson Willison, James Kamana.

Very strong looking foward pack named. Waikato backs should have a field day.

That teams about 3 players away (Sivivatu, Mils, Lauaki) from the best possible Chiefs team, let alone an Air NZ Cup team. I'll still be cheering the mighty Watu though.

good to see Anesi back, hopefully he displays the form he had prior to his neck injury last year

Kahui's out for the season :(:(:(
Basically, you switch Lauaki for Bates or Messam (or not), Stick Muliaina at Fullback, swap Siti in for Kini, shuffle out Sweeney for Kahui and move Sweeney into 2nd Five, drop Lynn for Robinson and then pick between Kelleher and Leonard and that would be the best possible team.

15 Payne (Muliaina)
14 Anesi
13 Sweeney (Kahui)
12 Hansell-Pune (Sweeney)
11 Kinikinilau (Sivivatu)
10 Donald
9 Leonard (Kelleher)
8 Messam (Lauaki)
7 Holah
6 Bates (Messam)
5 Lynn (Robinson)
4 Gibbes
3 White
2 Willis
1 West

Thats only 3-6 changes (or so???) I expect a 50 pointer...

i bet bates is gald that lauaki got recalled to the abs, coz otherwise i dont think he would have been in the starting 15 too much this year

15 Payne (Muliaina)
14 Anesi
13 Sweeney (Kahui)
12 Hansell-Pune (Sweeney)
11 Kinikinilau (Sivivatu)
10 Donald
9 Leonard (Kelleher)
8 Messam (Lauaki)
7 Holah
6 Bates (Messam)
5 Lynn (Robinson)
4 Gibbes
3 White
2 Willis
1 West

Thats only 3-6 changes (or so???) I expect a 50 pointer...
[/b]

BLOODY HELL! Is that stacked or what?? On paper this team looks the Bees Nees :cheers:

Spot on, until... Sweeney's in place for Kahui... Mils, Sivi, Robinson, Leonard and Lauki get injured during the Cup... Donald breaks a tutu and Lavea has to play 1st5, Holah and Jono get brought out early and break contract...

Just kidding... haven't you heard - the BLUES are going to SMASH everyone this year... well see big boy's, well just see... ;)

does any 1 know how long robinsons contracted for?? coz i can see him calling it a day after the world cup

Latest posts