• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks look for new coach

Now I remember! So who are Deans and Pat Lam? Who have they coached and what are their track records?

Now I remember! So who are Deans and Pat Lam? Who have they coached and what are their track records? [/b]

Pat Lam is a relative nobody in terms of coaching experience. He just took a very good Auckland squad to an undefeated NPC season. He has already come out and said he doesn't want the job now because he doesn't have enough experience. He's looking for a Super 14 gig right now but in the future could certainly get a look.

Robbie Deans is the genius being the Red & Black machine. What's he have now 6 Super 14 ***les? He's one of the best domestic coaches on the planet. He's also very good at player development. Often times he takes players who were outcasts in other teams and turns them into All Blacks. Apparently he is also an insider on the new Stellenbosh laws, which could be a serious advantage should they find their way into the international fray. He was also John Mitchell's assistant coach during the 2003 RWC, so he has some experience as to what it takes to win.

Robbie Deans is a no-no in my books, we would just end up like we did in 2002 with the Crusaders team in Black.

9. Elis 10. Carter 11. Rocokoko 12. Brett 13. Laulala 14. Hamilton 15. Panadol

Would be his first choice backline, bank on it. So'alilio may as well go to France now because Tuialili would be starting at 8. This is the same guy who picked Ben Blair ahead of Christan Cullen and get's into little ego cockfights with players.

Pat Lam is just as retarded. Henry at the moment is the only choice IMO - No one else is experienced enough and Deans is apparently hated by the NZRFU (Which is good)

I hear, on good word, that Graham Henry isn't doing anything at the moment. Maybe you guys should give him a call. I believe he took his last team to all new heights in rugby.[/b]

Who knows, he could take Ireland to the Quarter Finals, isn't that seen as the holy grail of Rugby on the Emerald Isle?

and then there were 4

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/1320238/1464728

The big four have been confirmed- well the big two really- and already prominent rugby people are taking sides.

Robbie Deans and Graham Henry, along with Colin Cooper and Ian Foster, have been advised their applications for the post of All Black coach will be taken a step further. They will be interviewed for the hottest sports job in New Zealand.

imo, henry is a must. hes got a record of 42-6 or something. i mean come on, give the dog a bone. hes gotten blamed for all the wrong reasons. yes i can say, that if we had of had beaten the french, we wouldnt have won against england or south africa. they were 2 very good teams. but people said, reconditioning this and that.... rotation this that, and all the rest of it. imo if graham realised that a carter mcallister 10-12 would have been ideal (which it turned out to be) and given these guys more time togeather, that would have been more successful. he knows this. however if it had have been deans, it would have been carter and maguer.

and as ripper said. hamilton, ralph and tuialili will be licking there chops at this. they clearly arnt and i really belive that it will be a heavy cantab based all blacks side if he does make it. and as mitchel (who was one of our worst coaches) with DEANS at his side had a big cantab based side, which DIDNT work. i mean, no cullen? the way he played ma'a and tana.

ive given up on the allblacks in world cups, if deans is coach, they wont even be worth following.

however if i was henry, i wouldnt have even gone for the coaching position. i would have been too shitty at the nzrfu about how hes been slagged of by them. sadly, even though there is a huge public outcry for henry to stay, i think deans has already got his new all blacks coaching jersy on.

and then there were 4

The big four have been confirmed- well the big two really- and already prominent rugby people are taking sides.

Robbie Deans and Graham Henry, along with Colin Cooper and Ian Foster, have been advised their applications for the post of All Black coach will be taken a step further. They will be interviewed for the hottest sports job in New Zealand.

[/b]
Wait, so even though they fired Henry, they are actually reconsidering?

<div class='quotemain'> and then there were 4

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

My sentiment exactly oh well they will eventually sort this out. <_<

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

this is where it gets a bit grey. they allowed him to reapply so they obviously think he is still capable of the job but the nzrfu also wanted to see other applicants for the job,so in a way he was fired but not completely.

in my opinion it will be a shootout between deans and henry for the job. henry has the record of success but also a world cup failure while deans seems to be very much the heir apparent with his exploits with the crusaders and turning down of other offers like the wallabies job.

imo, henry is a must. hes got a record of 42-6 or something. i mean come on, give the dog a bone. hes gotten blamed for all the wrong reasons. yes i can say, that if we had of had beaten the french, we wouldnt have won against england or south africa.
[/b]

I don't know about South Africa but New Zealand would've steam rolled England if they hadn't of lost to France.

I don't know about South Africa but New Zealand would've steam rolled England if they hadn't of lost to France.
[/b]

Not to sure on that prediction, England would have punished NZ with the boot, i dont think NZ had an answer for that. Australia and NZ might have been good to watch slug it out in the final both with exactly the same style

[/b]
[/b][/quote]

They never really fired him, they just let his contract expire.

Latest posts