• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks Old school Collered jerseys

• Thread starter jonathanumpherville
  • Start date
J

jonathanumpherville

Do any of you folks know where to find these types of AB shirts still? I have got to admit that I have a jersey collecting fetish one could compare to many women and their shoes. I really like the old school style of rugger shirts with the collars. I've been looking for a while online for something in XXL or XXXL (54" chest), a friend in NZ told me he'd keep an eye out for something old school with the white collar but up to now there has been no luck, then again he isn't much of a Rugby fan (twat) and probably doesn't really know where to check. If any of you folks could help me out, even point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I came across this on the "Cotton traders" website but alas, they don't ship to Canada and even if they did, the shirt is out of stock.

AE10163_Lg.jpg

That or something similar is the look I'm searching for. I have a few modern AB's shirts but something old school with the rubber button collar would be awesome.

Thanks for reading and putting up with my n00b self.

Do any of you folks know where to find these types of AB shirts still? I have got to admit that I have a jersey collecting fetish one could compare to many women and their shoes. I really like the old school style of rugger shirts with the collars. I've been looking for a while online for something in XXL or XXXL (54" chest), a friend in NZ told me he'd keep an eye out for something old school with the white collar but up to now there has been no luck, then again he isn't much of a Rugby fan (twat) and probably doesn't really know where to check. If any of you folks could help me out, even point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I came across this on the "Cotton traders" website but alas, they don't ship to Canada and even if they did, the shirt is out of stock.

AE10163_Lg.jpg

That or something similar is the look I'm searching for. I have a few modern AB's shirts but something old school with the rubber button collar would be awesome.

Thanks for reading and putting up with my n00b self. [/b]
Here you go, mate:
http://www.champions.co.nz/shop/default.as...=103&P=1569
1569lrg.jpg

Thanks man, that's along the lines of what I'm looking for. The stripes and long sleeves put me off a bit though. I just came across a NZ version of ebay so maybe I can browse there and get my friend Jason to pick anything I find up for me and pay him for it later.

Cheers!

Funny how you write "cotton traders", they're one of the most traditional and succesful rugby shirt manufacturers

I use quotation marks as sarcasm because they don't ship outside the UK according to their website yet you say "they're one of the most traditional and succesful rugby shirt manufacturers". Sorry but I just find that a little funny.

Have you heard of them before now? They've suffered quite a bit with technology and bigger companies tapping into rugby.

these pop up on aussie ebay and nz trademe every now and again

i have both the all blacks "steinlager" jersey and wallabies "schweppes" jersey from the mid 90's and I wouldn't sell them for anything :)

Have you heard of them before now? They've suffered quite a bit with technology and bigger companies tapping into rugby.
[/b]

Yeah I've heard of them before now, I have one of the Cotton Traders Guinness / Ireland rugby jerseys that I ordered from an American dealer. One of my favorites, just wishing I could have gotten one of those AB's ones before they sold out.

these pop up on aussie ebay and nz trademe every now and again

i have both the all blacks "steinlager" jersey and wallabies "schweppes" jersey from the mid 90's and I wouldn't sell them for anything :)
[/b]

Aye, trademe is the website I'm browsing, I've seen a few of the steinlager ones but nothing in my size yet.

Cotton Traders are fantastic, I've got a pair of Welsh tracksuit pants that I picked up when a family friend used to coach Wales. Great pants. The zipper broke on the bottom of mine though, which is a shame. Still wear them everywhere though :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tighthead III @ Jul 31 2008, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

AE10163_Lg.jpg

Thanks for reading and putting up with my n00b self.[/b]

Dude...walk into an Adidas 'Originals' store anywhere and they have them....i walked into the one down on Queen St in Toronto wearing a ab's tee-shirt and the salesman was all over me trying to sell me the jersey...it was quite annoying

Latest posts