• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks tempt Sonny Bill

W

woosaah

All Blacks tempt Sonny Bill
AAP | Friday, 02 May 2008
<div align="right">Email a Friend | Printable View | Have Your Say
720499.jpg
JOHN SELKIRK/Dominion PostBLACK JERSEY: Sonny Bill Williams says if the New Zealand Rugby Union approached him, he'd seriously consider a crack at the All Blacks.

Related Links• Subscribe to Archivestuff
• Have your say
Bulldogs superstar Sonny Bill Williams would seriously contemplate switching to rugby union and chase dual international status if the All Blacks offered him enough money.

Williams' thoughts are sure to send shockwaves through Belmore after the club secured him on a bargain five-year deal last year worth around $A400,000 ($NZ481,000) a season.

The fact Williams agreed to less than his market value for a longer term deal could come back to haunt the Bulldogs if the New Zealand Rugby Union moves to poach the 22-year-old.

Just last month, Williams said his belief in loyalty was diminished after Willie Mason walked out on the Bulldogs last November and in the future he would only sign deals that looked after him and his family.

He could easily command double his NRL contract at the All Blacks and said the lure of defecting to union was genuine.

"It's probably the No 1 sport and game in New Zealand and every young kid aspires to such great heights as playing for the All Blacks," he told the Nine Network.

"If they (NZRU) did come knocking with a good offer I would definitely have to sit down and seriously look at it.

"I'm grown up now and professional so, yeah, I would have to say yes."[/b][/quote]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4505704a1823.html

This would be good, i guess. If only Sonny wasnt so injury prone. He has got probably a less chance of playing into his 30's than most players because of some bone condition he has. The more money he gets now the better i guess, he is a pretty good player so i am sure, after a bit of game time in the 15's he would be pretty good.

what do you guys think?

LOLZA.

Is he getting ready to sign a new contract again already? It's funny, every time a League star with an even an remote bit of New Zealand heritage contract's is about to expire, he all of a sudden has the urge to play for the All Blacks.

If he was to become change to union, he better be ready to take a paycut, at least for the first year because the policy of the NZRFU is for League converts to start at the bottom (i.e the NPC) and work their way up, no guaranteed big bucks and test jersey like the English and Aussies.

he only just signed a 4 year deal last year so i dont know what he is on about.

probably all BS anyway but thought it was worth a post :)

What position would he play? I'd put him somewhere in the backrow. Only thing is he'll have to learn how to ruck and do lineouts.

no different to brad thorn really, he had to learn all that stuff as well and he did pretty well himself.

but yeah maybe a lock as he is pretty tall, but probably in the flanks somewhere.

he would need to learn how to scrum :)

He was talking about it on The Footy Show last night.

All that happened was that Eddie Jones talked theoretically to him about a switch to union, and Sonny Bill merely told everyone that he would be stupid to not consider an offer from union if it was made, and rightly so.

If he is offered a significant amount of money more than he is already receiving then he'd take it...good on him I say! Players need to make as much money as possible in the short time they play the game professionally.

Imagine him playing rugby union though...he could play outside centre or in the back row. He'd be absolutely destructive with his pace and power.

I have no doubt in my mind at all that if he stands to make more than $550 000 a year over in NZ, he'll go as soon as he possibly can.

Let him go What a Whinger!!!

I mean he gets paid a but load of Money to Run around and have fun then drive home in his expenisve car to his expensive house i mean come on get a grip mate.

The Stones Said it the Best "You Can't Always Get What you Want"

What position would he play? I'd put him somewhere in the backrow. Only thing is he'll have to learn how to ruck and do lineouts.
[/b]
He would slot into the centres. He is actually pretty fast, one of the fastest at the bulldogs, not that that is very hard.

sonny bill ay ... what a player ... i dont believe he is as good as he was a couple of years ago though

I mean he gets paid a but load of Money to Run around and have fun then drive home in his expenisve car to his expensive house i mean come on get a grip mate.

The Stones Said it the Best "You Can't Always Get What you Want" [/b]

i mean, come on you cant tell us you would'nt try to make as much money as you could too? good on him i say hustle your way to the top.

The Stones Said it the Best "You Can't Always Get What you Want" [/b]

As Ludacris once said "Money could be the problem but money cant solve em"

Latest posts