• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks V Wallabies, Hong Kong, October 30th

PPS: WTF is Taylor Swift? (Don't bother answering, because IDGAF)

Oh Cook, you're missing out mate! She's only the modern equivalent of a Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby or Louie Armstrong! Sheer lyrical and musical genius!

Oh Cook, you're missing out mate! She's only the modern equivalent of a Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby or Louie Armstrong! Sheer lyrical and musical genius!

My musical taste extends to composers such as Vivaldi, Prokofiev, Mahler, Mozart, Holst.

Never been a fan of the Rat Pack (Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr etc) but I am partial to the odd round of The Doobie Brothers, Led Zeppelin or Toto.

As far as female singers go, I find it hard to go past Emma Shapplin

Talented, a pitch-perfect voice with a fantastic vocal range and very attractive as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
To use a rugby example, how many times have you read in the paper; (insert player here) rumoured to be signing with (insert team here) or (insert team here) rumoured to be interested in player)..

Some of the time the paper has heard something, but sometimes (and this actually happens) they just make **** up. Like Johnny Wilkinson was apparently approached by the Blues. When interviewed Pat Lam came out and said that the thought hadn't even entered his mind until he read about himself chasing Wilkinsons signature in the morning paper.

Seriously, have you never heard of tabloid news? Sure there are ethics standards and laws etc but you would have to be very naive to think that everything you read is the gospel..

I don't recall them saying he was chased by the Blues, rather that they had heard he was being chased by the Blues - no lies. Again, different to the Cooper case where we were given facts.

there is something very good about Taylor Swift, though it's easier to notice with the sound muted.

I don't recall them saying he was chased by the Blues, rather that they had heard he was being chased by the Blues - no lies. Again, different to the Cooper case where we were given facts.

Did they really hear that.. or did an "undisclosed source" (read; we are running low on news and made something up) tell them. Making something up is pretty damn close to a lie

Did they really hear that.. or did an "undisclosed source" (read; we are running low on news and made something up) tell them. Making something up is pretty damn close to a lie

Yes, and clearly that means people are less likely to believe it, because it's a rumour.

If they openly say it's a rumour then they aren't preaching it as the truth, which is fine. If they had said 'we know for a fact this has happened' then that's lying, saying 'we believe that this has happened' is fine, there's no lie that inherently affects anyone.

Yes, and clearly that means people are less likely to believe it, because it's a rumour.

If they openly say it's a rumour then they aren't preaching it as the truth, which is fine. If they had said 'we know for a fact this has happened' then that's lying, saying 'we believe that this has happened' is fine, there's no lie that inherently affects anyone.
...It's like flogging a dead horse.

...It's like flogging a dead horse.

flogging.jpg

Latest posts