• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks versus Samoa: does anyone care?

D

darwin_23

The AB's are playing Samoa in a one off test tonight - it seems a bit pointless to me as most of the top Samoan players have club commitments and are not available. I'd expect the AB's will win by a large margin, and as such the match would not seem to be of any great benefit to either team - surely the AB's would be better off playing provincial rugby in the weekend as it would be at a higher standard! Perhaps its more a case of just getting the team playing together again.

Anyways the two teams are as follows:
New Zealand: Mils Muliaina, Richard Kahui, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Anthony Tuitavake, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Rodney So'oialo (captain), Adam Thomson, Jerome Kaino, Ali Williams, Anthony Boric, Greg Somerville, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Neemia Tialata, Sione Lauaki, Piri Weepu, Stephen Donald, Isaia Toeava, Rudi Wulf.

Samoa: Alatasi Tupou, Reupena Levasa, Pale Toelupe, Jerry Meafou, Esera Lauina, Uale Mai, Notise Tauafao, George Stowers, Alafoti Faosiliva, Semo Sititi, Chad Slade, Filipo Levi (captain), Heroshi Tea, Loleni Tafunai, Simon Lemalu. Reserves: Lafoga Aoelua, Roysiu Tolufale, Maselino Paulino, Simaika Mikaele, Junior Poluleuligaga, Roger Warren, Romi Ropati.

Does anyone care about this game (or indeed even realise its being played!)

Don't ever write them off, my friend. They always play with such heart and passion for their homeland it wouldn't surprise me if they gave the AB's a real scare.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (darwin_23 @ Sep 3 2008, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The AB's are playing Samoa in a one off test tonight - it seems a bit pointless to me as most of the top Samoan players have club commitments and are not available. I'd expect the AB's will win by a large margin, and as such the match would not seem to be of any great benefit to either team - surely the AB's would be better off playing provincial rugby in the weekend as it would be at a higher standard! Perhaps its more a case of just getting the team playing together again.

Anyways the two teams are as follows:
New Zealand: Mils Muliaina, Richard Kahui, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Anthony Tuitavake, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Rodney So'oialo (captain), Adam Thomson, Jerome Kaino, Ali Williams, Anthony Boric, Greg Somerville, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Neemia Tialata, Sione Lauaki, Piri Weepu, Stephen Donald, Isaia Toeava, Rudi Wulf.

Samoa: Alatasi Tupou, Reupena Levasa, Pale Toelupe, Jerry Meafou, Esera Lauina, Uale Mai, Notise Tauafao, George Stowers, Alafoti Faosiliva, Semo Sititi, Chad Slade, Filipo Levi (captain), Heroshi Tea, Loleni Tafunai, Simon Lemalu. Reserves: Lafoga Aoelua, Roysiu Tolufale, Maselino Paulino, Simaika Mikaele, Junior Poluleuligaga, Roger Warren, Romi Ropati.

Does anyone care about this game (or indeed even realise its being played!)[/b]

Do I care? No, not really. I might catch the replays on prime later if I'm in the mood.

Do I realise it's been played? Seriously, this morning was when I found it was being played tonight rather than the weekend.

Quite sad of me really, after the Olympics finished I have kind of lost interest in anything else in life.

When I was walking in a mall yesterday I heard it being noticed on the radio?
I don't think Samoa will cause a scare.

not the top Samoan side sadly. I think its basically going to end up as a training run for the abs. they did need a game though as their break in between tri-nations matches has just been so massive this year. I do believe the NZRFU tried to get Argentina over at one stage but it didn't work out so samoa was lined up instead. I don't have sky yet its getting installed tomorrow so might catch the replay on prime.

Will check the highlights on youtube, really in the mood for some nice rugby.

seems someone does really care :rolleyes: as replies are numerous
But Samoa caries much I think as they're ever fighting team playin' with character
so I think ABs are not to have easy game, istead match will be though

Jimmy_Gopperth_JABs_rdax_432x300.jpg

I reckon the All Blacks should of played the Nz Maori it would of been a good gauge of where some upcoming players are at and how much potential they have. The All Blacks could of even just made a team up with players like Lelia Masaga, David Smith, Stephen Brett etc just to give them an opportunity because this game against a B grade Samoa just wasn't on and with a score like 101-14 I don't think either side really benefits from that sort of game.

Watched the game and the best part of the game was at the end with the end to end stuff going on!

Well you're on mind of this picture Yes?

I agree new generations must fire up their opportunities in matches where experience can be brought.

Actually I like Junior All Blacks more than "big" ones.

Huge gaps in scores Bothers and suffers fans

all-blacks-sign_926633.jpg

Latest posts