• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All blacks vs World XV?

meh the All Blacks don't dominate like they used to, their not the pinnacle of the international game no more so don't hold that 'unbeatable' tag.

I wouldn't want to see the ABs play a World XV any more than I would if a World XV played South Africa or France.

They play the World XV every year. lol. In the Tri-Nations when they are not playing Australia. :p

Well, isn't 14 or 15 test matchs a year sufficient for the ABs?

What would be the point of aggregating 15 players in a side that wouldn't have time anyway to train and prepare such a matchr?

I think it would be cool if they cut the tri-nations down to 2 games each (home and away) and then at the end of the tournament the winning team faces off against the other two teams combined in a three match series, with one game in each country, the teams would be chosen through some sort of voting system or by the coaches of the three teams.

It would be a shameless publicity stunt, but so is playing test matches in hongkong, and at least this is gathering money without alienating their own fans. At times last year the Springboks looked invincible, it would be great from an ANZAC perspective to bring them down and they would love to say they could beat all comers. I also have just always wanted to see combinations like Genia-Carter and Burger-McCaw-Spies.

You could also put some fancy ***le on it and another nifty ***le for going through the trinations and dual-nation challenge undefeated, then we would have an equivalent to the 6 nations grandslam

What do you think of an annual match between the HCup and the Super 14 now 15 winners?
What a great match for fans , TVs and players it would be !

Imagine a match between Stade Toulousain and Blue Bulls, Leinster or Munster vs Canterbury Crusaders or Leiceter vs Waratahs...

We have just a date to find , I think the best is in late january, before Six Nations in the North and in preseason for Super rugby in the South.

So Join us to promote a final between HCup et Super 14 winners. The Batte of the Hemispheres on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121631697877085

I'd also enjoy seeing a Tri Nations team simular to the British and Irish Lions, tour Europe.

meh the All Blacks don't dominate like they used to, their not the pinnacle of the international game no more so don't hold that 'unbeatable' tag.

I wouldn't want to see the ABs play a World XV any more than I would if a World XV played South Africa or France.

I can not agree you buddy :))))

not always necessary to have unbeatable tag on, this disrupts motivation among players

instead, they must know the "empire" is not alive anymore and they have to cope with any teams with character

this brings rugby an interest as I am not sure (as a neutral rugby fan) that ABs will beat any team in a row

good teams are all times good ones I think so

I agree with Bullit and Olly's point that a full strength Barbarians is a World XV. Secondly I totally agree with 187 that I wouldn't want to see the All Blacks play a World XV for the sole reason that it may be seen as ignorant that it should be the All Blacks playing a World XV. Ignorant in the sense that it is almost assumed that they are the best team in the world. Its not their divine right to play a World XV as it could be argued that they aren't the best side and the likes of South Africa, Australia or France have as much a right. Not saying this is how you meant it to be interpreted M24, just how I see it. Would be interesting and entertaining though.

I agree with Bullit and Olly's point that a full strength Barbarians is a World XV. Secondly I totally agree with 187 that I wouldn't want to see the All Blacks play a World XV for the sole reason that it may be seen as ignorant that it should be the All Blacks playing a World XV. Ignorant in the sense that it is almost assumed that they are the best team in the world. Its not their divine right to play a World XV as it could be argued that they aren't the best side and the likes of South Africa, Australia or France have as much a right. Not saying this is how you meant it to be interpreted M24, just how I see it. Would be interesting and entertaining though.

How about if every year, the number ranked team in the world plays the World XV? Ohh wait.. thats still the ABs, nevermind.

By the way im just choking on a chicken bone, don't believe what i say...

Or am i?

Who knows tbh, cause idk.

Or maybe i do..?

Would've thought more of you if you said something constructive instead of acting a nob.

Latest posts