• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All English Teams (Clubs)

rzz

Academy Player
New here, never knew about this game (how bad is that) till I found it on a market!

Anyway, what im wondering is.... is it possible to edit every club team in the game to be from the English pyramid? And if so; would they then place in the World Challenge Mode?

I know it wont be an exact replica of the English system, but id enjoy it if I could do the following:

Elite League:
Top 8 from last years Premiership

Division 1:
Remaining 4 Premiership + Top 8 Championship

Division 2:
Remaining 4 Championship + Top 8 National 1

Division 3:
Remaining 8 National 1 + Top 4 from each of National South and National North

Obviously doing rosters and kits could get tricky the lower it goes... but id find it interesting, maybe someone like Wasps collapse into the lower divisions, and we get the rise of someone like Rosslyn Park etc

Now bar the potential issues of this being impossible, would it affect the National team rosters? ie are the players linked, so the Ben Flood of England, if edited would not be the Ben Flood of England anymore... he could be Timmy Mallet for example if changed at club level? This would also probably ice the project for me as i like the National game as well.

Id not be bothered that the Heineken Cup mode was ruined, or the Super 14 unplayable as id just want the English game sorted.

Cheers

Very good Idea,but of course what you are asking to do it'll take hundreads years,anyway it could be great to do these,but,as I said before,it's a bit long,hahah...

Cheers,master720full

Thanks for the reply.

So its possible, thats a positive.... in terms of time then, is editing very difficult in this game?

Changing names etc, is there an editor that can do this or do I do all that in game?

Kits ive had a little read... probably the trickiest of the editing, but again is there an easy way to get a teams kit in the game (maybe just colours) before I add in sponsors etc

Yeah,could be,but is not that difficult,the thing is that editing rugby 08,take time,especially the kits and all that,rosters are quikler,bah,sometimes...

Cheers,master720full

I had this idea too, though yu have to start in Div 3. In theory, you could have Aviva Premiership, Magners League, a TOP 12 (they should kick out Bourgoin and Albi anyway) and the 8 teams league would not be playable anyway unless you get there via promotion. Also, the transfers would have to be disabled, as well as the promotion/relegation as these parts of the game just ruin any realism for a mod like this.

I'm not sure why they put a trade system (like the nba) in this game.

Latest posts